Home

Week 2: Eagles @ Lions

This is a discussion on Week 2: Eagles @ Lions within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #41
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
Re: Week 2: Eagles @ Lions

http://www.csnphilly.com/09/15/10/Ea...319&feedID=704

Confirming what most of us already thought: Kolb and Bradley likely to sit out.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #42
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i would like to see a healthy dose of the run this weekend try to keep vick from taking too many hits.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #43
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Glad the lions are going to be smart about this and sit Stafford. Link I just hope Hill is somewhat competent this week.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #44
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Glad the lions are going to be smart about this and sit Stafford. Link I just hope Hill is somewhat competent this week.

Yea, why risk further injury? I hope the Eagles hold Kolb out even if he is okay so another Westbrook scenario doesn't happen. Fit him with one of those Great Gazoo helmets

Old 09-16-2010, 01:47 AM   #45
All Star

OVR: 13

Gotta do it - I think Stafford is on the shelf for a few more games. If you can't protect your franchise QB on the field (by fielding at least a college-caliber offensive line), then you have to protect him by keeping off the field...

I like that Vick is going against the Lions...for one, he's more fun to watch. For another, I got him off waivers last week in anticipation of something like this happening...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 03:47 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 12

Go Mike Vick!
Old 09-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #47
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

It's kind of ironic that the Lions fans were making a big deal about potentially getting Micheal Vick out of prison. Now this week they will face him. I thought the Lions should have signed Vick built up that O-Line then looked to draft a franchise QB a few years down the road(same for St. Louis).

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #48
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
It's kind of ironic that the Lions fans were making a big deal about potentially getting Micheal Vick out of prison. Now this week they will face him. I thought the Lions should have signed Vick built up that O-Line then looked to draft a franchise QB a few years down the road(same for St. Louis).
Right, but see you're thinking about this thing entirely the wrong way. You are talking about making moves and trying to do things that might actually help you win games. Taking risks, acquiring undervalued skill guys, building a team from the inside out....you'll never get hired by the Fords that way.

You have to look at this like William Clay Ford and his idiot spawn Bill Jr: Detroit is a loyal sports town that loves their teams and supports the Lions come hell or high water. If revenues are currently in the neighborhood of 75-80% of what they would be if you fielded a winning (or at least semi-competitive) team, and it would take a huge investment of capital - say, $35-40 mil extra all-in - to improve the team, is it worth it to garner that extra 15-20% in revenues? The balance sheet tells you the red outweighs the black in that situation, so you don't bother spending the extra dough. Simple.

Also, even if/when they do try to win, they are so insanely stupid they just don't know how. I mean, look how they ran the car company for the past 3 decades: slow, steady, inexorable march toward mediocre/bad. The Fords just aren't winners by any definition in any realm (sports, business, life...); if their last name weren't "Ford", they'd probably be slinging you your morning McGriddle at the drive-through. Total incompetence reigns, with no hope on the horizon: until the Fords sell the team (which will never happen in a million years), the Lions will never be a winner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »