Home

T.O Has Something To Say About Favre And Some Players On The Jets.

This is a discussion on T.O Has Something To Say About Favre And Some Players On The Jets. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: T.O Has Something To Say About Favre And Some Players On The Jets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_HarlemHitman
Seriously? The guy constantly gets a pass. It's never Brett's fault. They're even getting ready for failure by already playing the "The Vikings don't have any receivers"excuse. Hell,give Chris Berman enough time and he'll find a way to make that interception in the NFC championship game the receivers fault. It's always the receiver's fault when it comes to this guy. You let McNabb throw a pass straight to a db like that,and it's his fault. When Brett Farve does it,somehow the receiver ran the wrong route.

Whar passes? Man I tell you
I know, you got to love that. Cutler threw a ton of picks last year, you could probably analyze them and find fault with the WR on numerous of those throws, but he's not Brett Favre so it be easier to label him as terrible. Brett Favre on the other hand, when he throws a bad pick, it's almost always on the WR. Even though he's the all-time INT leader and everything. Those stupid WR's really screwed him.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Hey TO, the reason that no one is ragging on Favre for not going to camp is because he did the same thing last year and still led his team to the NFC Championship game.

Meanwhile, you've ruined numerous teams with antics DURING ACTUAL GAMES and have burned every bridge on your way out of town.

See the difference? Stop trying to play the race card where it doesn't exist.

As for Sanchez, yeah, the guy sucks. But all he has to do is channel Trent Dilfer and that D will carry them.
Agreed with every word!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #35
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Seriously? The guy constantly gets a pass. It's never Brett's fault. They're even getting ready for failure by already playing the "The Vikings don't have any receivers"excuse. Hell,give Chris Berman enough time and he'll find a way to make that interception in the NFC championship game the receivers fault. It's always the receiver's fault when it comes to this guy. You let McNabb throw a pass straight to a db like that,and it's his fault. When Brett Farve does it,somehow the receiver ran the wrong route.

Whar passes? Man I tell you
I agree he got passes in 2009, but I haven't seen them this year. Minnesota media, in particular, has been very critical of Favre. They gave him the "new kid in town" pass last year, but that was last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog71
I agree he got passes in 2009, but I haven't seen them this year. Minnesota media, in particular, has been very critical of Favre. They gave him the "new kid in town" pass last year, but that was last year.
2009? Please,Farve has been getting a pass ever since Green Bay won their last Super Bowl. They always have an excuse ready for when the guy screws it up. Hell just look at the NFC Championship game last year. Somehow,it's Adrian Petersons fault,even though it was Brett Farve who got greedy when the team was already in field goal range.

And as far as this race card question,I think Owens had a valid point? What would the response be if it were say,Donovan McNabb who pulled what Farve pulled? And this whole ******* thing,Farve is just as big an ******* with the way he does business as Terrell Owens is.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Favre got plenty of criticism for that interception last year.

In the past, yea he got a free pass most of the time. But quite a few people have turned on him.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #38
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton

Yet as your post and some others show, TO is widely considered the greater evil between the two players. He's got a point.
Which is amazing. Favre is 100x worse in my book.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #39
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
I think we agree for the most part. You're right about the NFL shows. But the reason that would happen is because of what TO's done in the past.

TO and Favre deal with the media in different ways. TO is more direct. Favre is manipulative and lets the media run with stories based on speculation about him.

Again, the reason the Favre is getting a perceived pass by the national media is because he did the same thing last year and had his best statistical year in a long time. If Favre continues to play like he did against the Saints over the next few weeks, there's going to be more of a stir.
I think we agree on a lot, but the one thing that I can't agree with is anything having to do with Favre's performance last year. If that were the case, then he would've been criticized going into last year. After all he stunk at the end of the previous year, could be accused of single handedly taking the Jets out of the playoff picture, told the media that he and the team lied about an injury (getting the team in trouble), and clearly lied about retiring since he asked for his release.

Fact of the matter is Favre has been getting a pass for a loooooong time. I don't think he (or anyone) should get hammered for every little thing but we've gotta be real here. He's been lying about retirement since the year before the Pack drafted Rodgers, had the issue with pain killers, called out Walker when he had his contract dispute, etc, etc, etc.

I definitely understand why TO can't shake his past but Favre's past isn't exactly rainbows and roses but the media has worked hard to give that impression. I would actually say that it's only this year where there are some even starting to speak up against him.

Quote:
2009? Please,Farve has been getting a pass ever since Green Bay won their last Super Bowl. They always have an excuse ready for when the guy screws it up. Hell just look at the NFC Championship game last year. Somehow,it's Adrian Petersons fault,even though it was Brett Farve who got greedy when the team was already in field goal range.

And as far as this race card question,I think Owens had a valid point? What would the response be if it were say,Donovan McNabb who pulled what Farve pulled? And this whole ******* thing,Farve is just as big an ******* with the way he does business as Terrell Owens is.
Whether you think it's valid or not, it'd be against the TOS to discuss anything involving race any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Which is amazing. Favre is 100x worse in my book.
I agree. I'll take an *** over a liar any day.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #40
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Well, after that performance, Favre sure is getting ripped today. And deservedly so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »