Home

T.O Has Something To Say About Favre And Some Players On The Jets.

This is a discussion on T.O Has Something To Say About Favre And Some Players On The Jets. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
T.O Has Something To Say About Favre And Some Players On The Jets.

I hope anybody didn't have any expectations that he would keep quiet this year LOL:

Quote:
T.O. has more to say about Favre, takes aim at Sanchez

Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2010 7:13 AM ET
Last Tuesday, Bengals receivers Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens began contributing weekly segments to The Daily Line on Versus, in advance of the debut on October 12 of The T.Ocho Show. The most intriguing tidbit came from T.O.'s rant regarding the contention that the media has given Vikings quarterback Brett Favre a pass for not showing up to training camp.

This week, Owens took it a step farther, pointing to the perceived lack of criticism regarding Favre's "mistakes" in Week One against the Saints. Owens believes that if he or Ochocinco had skipped camp and made mistakes in Week One, they would have faced greater criticism.

"When it comes to us we're held to another standard which is not in a positive light when it comes to the media, so I think . . . when it comes to skin color I think it does have something to do with it," Owens said.

As to the Jets' performance on Monday night against the Ravens, Owens took aim at quarterback Mark Sanchez.

"If they're gonna put him on a platform like that, if they're gonna make him the next Joe Namath, so to speak, then he has to come out there and he has to perform on a weekly basis," Owens said. "I expected a lot more out of Sanchez myself."

Owens also applied a nickname to Jets cornerbacks Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie based on their performance on Monday night: Ren and Stimpy.

Did we mention that the Jets and the Bengals play each other on Thanksgiving?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: T.O Has Something To Say About Favre And Some Players On The Jets.

I think he makes a good point about Favre and Sanchez.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 09-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Hey TO, the reason that no one is ragging on Favre for not going to camp is because he did the same thing last year and still led his team to the NFC Championship game.

Meanwhile, you've ruined numerous teams with antics DURING ACTUAL GAMES and have burned every bridge on your way out of town.

See the difference? Stop trying to play the race card where it doesn't exist.

As for Sanchez, yeah, the guy sucks. But all he has to do is channel Trent Dilfer and that D will carry them.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 09-16-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Hey TO, the reason that no one is ragging on Favre for not going to camp is because he did the same thing last year and still led his team to the NFC Championship game.

Meanwhile, you've ruined numerous teams with antics DURING ACTUAL GAMES and have burned every bridge on your way out of town.

See the difference?

As for Sanchez, yeah, the guy sucks. But all he has to do is channel Trent Dilfer and that D will carry them.
Good Point.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-16-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 17

Owens has a legit point. Favre is every bit the self-important diva that TO is and then some. Favre is one of the worst playoff QB's (if not THE worst) of the generally accepted all-time greats and has choked away more seasons than probably anybody in history. Manning was grilled by the media for years about being being a guy that doesn't get it done in the big game, so it's not a race issue. Favre faces none of this kind of national media criticism....even though he's ended his teams' seasons in 7 of the last 10 years and his post-season play has never justified the free pass he has gotten. If anything, the media makes excuses to help justify his poor play when it counts most. If Owens or any other diva had pulled the nonsense Favre has over the last several seasons they'd be grilled to much larger extent. Favre has burned as many bridges as Owens has. He's turned one of the most loyal fanbases in pro sports against him, both Packers and Jets perseonnel were ripping him on the way out for his self-important behavior. He put 3 different franchises in 3 seasons in very tough places because of his percieved self-importance...his ridiculous belief that he' s "earned the right" to act the way he does. Again, if Owens or anybody else (even a non-diva) did what Favre has done they'd be skewered beyond belief.

As for Sanchez.......he is absolutely terrible. He won't see another contract. Dilfer was able to succeed because he's an intelligent guy who made smart decisions with the ball. Yeah, he had a great D but he made some plays too when needed. Sanchez doesn't have an NFL playmaker bone in his body. And I think that D isn't good enough to carry them. They needed a freebie win just to make the playoffs last year.

Last edited by metallicatz; 09-16-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
As for Sanchez.......he is absolutely terrible. He won't see another contract. Dilfer was able to succeed because he's an intelligent guy who made smart decisions with the ball. Yeah, he had a great D but he made some plays too when needed. Sanchez doesn't have an NFL playmaker bone in his body. And I think that D isn't good enough to carry them. They needed a freebie win just to make the playoffs last year.
Agree with this. What annoyed me is when people last year said that out of the two, Sanchez was better than Stafford. Stafford has proved that he has real leadership potential. He came out with an injured shoulder and won the game for his team. What has Sanchez done? He never lead his team to the Championships at all, it was mainly that D. He was horrible last year, they would of been crushed by the Saints anyway.

Sanchez is overhyped. Actually no let me re-phrase that. The Jets are over hyped.

Just my two cents.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #7
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Great points made by TO.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 09-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #8
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Yep Brett is every bit of a diva as T.O.. He may not have the "look at me" antics ,but he has been an a**hole on multiple occassions. But because of his sucess often times he's gotten a pass. While T.O. issues are over blown so I can understand why T.O. feels this way.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-17-2010 at 05:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »