Home

Texans LT Duane Brown suspended 4 games

This is a discussion on Texans LT Duane Brown suspended 4 games within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #9

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Texans LT Duane Brown suspended 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
I think Ware was going to win that battle any ways. Duane Brown definitely is not a pro-bowl caliber LT. I think he will be missed in the run game definitely though and that really sucks.
Yeah but, he was starting for a reason *cough* steroids but, no really though you gotta believe he would be able to do a better job than the guy behind him. Chargers don't have their starting LT(And he's done a great job thus far) and I'm still worried because, there is a reason Marcus was SD's starting LT.

The backup has a tough task ahead and could be serviceable(you never know) so I guess you just gotta pray to whoever it is that you pray to that he won't get Matt killed this Sunday. They're going to have to chip block and do everything in the book if the backup can't hold his own.

I don't keep up in depth with many of the other teams in the NFL. Is he a serviceable LT, is there depth there or is Matt going to get some surprise butt sex this Sunday?

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 09-21-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Texans LT Duane Brown suspended 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
Yeah but, he was starting for a reason *cough* steroids but, no really though you gotta believe he would be able to do a better job than the guy behind him. Chargers don't have their starting LT(And he's done a great job thus far) and I'm still worried because, there is a reason Marcus was SD's starting LT.

The backup has a tough task ahead and could be serviceable(you never know) so I guess you just gotta pray to whoever it is that you pray to that he won't get Matt killed this Sunday. They're going to have to chip block and do everything in the book if the backup can't hold his own.

I don't keep up in depth with many of the other teams in the NFL. Is he a serviceable LT, is there depth there or is Matt going to get some surprise butt sex this Sunday?
I don't know much about his backup at LT, Butler honestly. Duane i'm pretty sure has never missed a game and has started every one. Some are saying Butler may be better in pass protection, I find that hard to believe since he'd be starting at LT if that was the case. He does get some snaps though. Also we've signed Ephraim Saalam, who does have his moments and ummm from what I remember of him when he used to start used to look horrible. I'm thinking Kubiak will split the time between him and butler like we do at RG.

The good thing about Duane is he does get better the more he sees one guy, for example Freeney dominated him when they first met up. Now it's a more equal battle definitely. so I expected Ware to get a sack or two on Matt.

You're right about chip blocking and doing everything they can to protect Matt. I expect we'll see a lot of Dreesen the blocking TE if it gets too bad though...at least I hope. I guess the good thing about Duane is he rarely just gets destroyed and blown up, which is good because it means Schaub doesn't take many blindside hits he's completely unaware of, that's what i'm worried about.

As for Butler from the little i've noticed him playing he seems to be a solid backup. Still expect a lot of pressure from Ware though, good thing for the Texans is that the rest of the line is solid. If it gets too bad it's time for the Texans to make use of the 8 TEs or so on the roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »