Home

Bills release Trent Edwards, Jaguars sign him

This is a discussion on Bills release Trent Edwards, Jaguars sign him within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #17
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Bills release Trent Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
He doesn't even have a capable TE to dump down to.
If Trent Edwards can take a dump somewhere, trust me he'll find it. I believe the TE was beyond 10-yds which is why he never caught anything.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #18
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
He can come to the Jags for the rest of the year.
He does not deserve a shot to start anywhere at the moment, so any place with a QB potentially on shaky grounds is not the right place for him.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #19
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Edwards is damaged goods. His psyche has been bruised and battered to the point that he no longer goes with the flow on offense. He's been beaten up so many times on the field that he automatically thinks there's pressure and will dump it off to the checkdown receiver instead of throwing the ball deep. I can count on one hand the amount of times he threw deep this year.

He'd need to go to a team with a really good O-line and with a good QB coach who can get his confidence back up.
I can count on one FINGER the amount of times he threw deep this year. It was in week 2 and it got a pass interference call.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #20
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Whoah...slow down there. Trust me...being cut by arguably the worst team in the NFL for not being as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick is NOT a good thing, no matter how you slice it. The problem was with Edwards, not the team he was playing for. You could put him on the Colts and he'd still be awful (but Joseph Addai would lead the team in receptions).
There's plenty wrong with the team he is playing for, mainly whoever's really running the organization. Like I said in my other post, you turn over damn near the whole offesive line which included a Pro Bowler, then last year, fire the coordinator before the start of the season, I don't know how the guy has a fair chance under those circumstances.

I do think being cut at this point is a good thing because it was clear that he wasn't going anywhere with the Bills. You don't go through six months of meetings, OTAs, training camp, pre season then get two games in and say, "Oh, this guy can't play." I seriously doubt Edwards displayed any deficiency that they hadn't been on to. When you get tossed aside like that it speaks to Edwards simply not being their guy. And when you come to that conclusion, there's no sense in trying to fit Gailey's offense around Edward's skill set, just go with the other guy.

And about him being tossed for Fitzpatrick. Rich Gannon was once pushed aside for Sean Salisbury. Terry Bradshaw had a hard time beating out Joe Gilliam and Terry Hanratty. Even recent Bills history; Drew Bledsoe was pushed out the door for J.P. Losman when he still had some good football in him.

Now am I saying Edwards is as good as any of those qbs? No. All I'm saying is that he showed flashes or being a really good player, especially coming off the Losman experiment. I echoed in my other post with the Turk Schonert mess, Jason Peters, etc... any QB would have a hard time under those circumstances, especially when he was the one carrying the weight of being the QB of the future and dealing with the quesionable judgment of the organization. You've got the infamous "Decade of Fail" in your avatar, so you would know better than anyone. I can't think of a quarteback that has put together a great career in the midst of a poorly run organization.

Edwards may very well be done. I don't know. But can't judge him solely off of Buffalo, because they have been a mess the past few years and he has taken a beating. Let me see what the young man can do with a coordinator that wants him.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #21
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I can count on one FINGER the amount of times he threw deep this year. It was in week 2 and it got a pass interference call.
Well I was thinking of that preseason game against Cincy where he threw deep a couple times but yeah, in the regular season it was just once.

Pitiful....

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #22
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Mortensen says he won't clear waivers b/c there's at least six teams interested...
Old 09-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #23
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Mortensen says he won't clear waivers b/c there's at least six teams interested...
Those 6 GMs are clearly out of their minds.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #24
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Those 6 GMs are clearly out of their minds.
Idk, Buffalo may not be able to find starting QBs, but they do a great job of developing good backups lol. I almost miss watching JP Losman. At least he'd make a throw every once in awhile that made you jump off the couch. It was just all the other throws were uglyyyyy
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »