Home

Bills release Trent Edwards, Jaguars sign him

This is a discussion on Bills release Trent Edwards, Jaguars sign him within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 09:49 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Bills release Trent Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
Watching Edwards play QB for the Bills then Fitzpatrick is like night and day. Granted they're both bad QBs, but Fitz plays the position with so much more aggression. He'll make his share of bad throws and mistakes, but he's capable of winning games for a team. Trent Edwards can only not lose games. I think if Fitz was starting against the Dolphins week 1, there's a damn good chance that the Bills win that game.
Fitz has no NFL ability whatsoever. Just super smart, can read the defense better than anyone in the NFL. Knows all of them and is never fooled. Too bad he has no ability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #42
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Bills release Trent Edwards, Jaguars sign him

I see Edwards as just a better backup than Bouman. I think after the season they cut Garrard and sign another veteran QB (maybe bring back McCown) and have an open competition between the rookie QB's (Jags should take one 1st-2nd and another 6th+) and the veteran's to see who starts the season.

The team should have a new C and LG so I 'd rather have the non QB of the future get killed in the first few games while the line gels.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #43
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Bills release Trent Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primerica
Fitz has no NFL ability whatsoever. Just super smart, can read the defense better than anyone in the NFL. Knows all of them and is never fooled. Too bad he has no ability.
You can't stay in the NFL without ANY skill whatsoever. I think Fitz has the ability to be a very capable backup but after about a couple weeks everyone's figured him out. He'll at least keep his team in games but that's besides the point. It was Edwards' total lack of willingness to throw the ball deep and make the proper throw based on the play call. Edwards would just sit around, look all over the place and dump it off. If anything, Edwards was handcuffing Gailey's ability to call a game.

I've been hearing that Gailey and his staff are working hard with Brian Brohm right now and who knows, he might get a shot a little later down the line.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #44
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Just reading this whole thread, there are some amazingly bad quarterback names being thrown around. It reminds me of looking at the lists of quarterbacks the Bears have started since the mid-90's.

For fun, I went back and made a list, yikes.

Trent Edwards
David Garrard
McCown
David Carr
Jason Campbell
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Sean Salisbury
Joey Harrington
Brady Quinn
Rob Johnson
Todd Bouman

Carry on.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 09-29-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Doug Flutie wasn't THAT bad. Especially in the CFL.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #45
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Doug Flutie was a bad QB?

You lost me with that inclusion. I'm also not factoring his CFL days into this, i'm thinking of his entire NFL career.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #46
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Doug Flutie was a bad QB?

You lost me with that inclusion. I'm also not factoring his CFL days into this, i'm thinking of his entire NFL career.
OK, I'll give him average, my bad.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 7

Garrard had a couple good years and Flutie was a quality NFL QB. Nothing great but he was quality.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Edwards will be starting, maybe after this week. Garrard has lost confidence and cannot run most of the playbook. Edwards may not be great or even good, but at this point anyone is better than Garrard. The Eagles put 8-9 guys in the box and blitzed, but Garrard couldn't even throw to the open WR on a quick 1-3 step drop. Teams do not fear him at all and he cannot read the defense.

Edwards will be an improvement if he just gets teams to have to respect the pass. 7 guys in the box would be a great improvement to the run game. The Jags still were able to run on the Eagles even though they played man and had 1 safety at most on top.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »