Home

Week 4: Redskins @ Eagles: McNabb's return to Philly

This is a discussion on Week 4: Redskins @ Eagles: McNabb's return to Philly within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #33
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Week 4: Redskins @ Eagles: McNabb's return to Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I don't get this Washington doesn't have weapons talk. Now Im a skins fan so I have on Maroon shaded glasses but Moss can still stretch the field, Cooley and Davis are match up problems and can make plays. Washington may have questions at WR outside of Moss but they have guys who can catch the ball.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Who is Sleepy Davis and his 3 catches/3 targets through 3 games causing matchup problems for?

Deeply maroon shaded glasses....

C'mon...Weapons? Plural? More like weapon...Moss. Maybe Cooley...because Moss/Cooley have accounted for 23 of the Redskins 35 receiving first downs: Moss 15, Cooley 8. Given Moss has double Cooley's production across the board, Moss seems like the only true "weapon", and Cooley is getting the scraps by default of there being NO ONE ELSE!

--------------------------

As far as cheering McNabb goes...I think he'll get a solid round of applause/cheer. I think that the attention the media has given it will result in a more positive outcome in the "Cheer McNabb" department then if this story would not have been first page NFL news this week.

Last edited by JBH3; 10-01-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #34
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage

I haven't had much faith in the Skins since they got rid of Schottenheimer. Under him the team would have been improved much more and then Snyder could of brought in a younger coach when the team became more stable.

I don't see ShanaTan staying more than 2 years.
I don't share your pessimism about this game but I did want to touch on this point that you're making. I really believe if Schottenheimer was given a fair shot and coached in DC for 4 years (or thereabouts) he would've given the Redskins a solid foundation for future success. Snyder blew it up with his impatience but even then I don't think Marty would take bull from some "boy genius". So I guess it might've been a blessing in disguise for him.

I do agree that Shanahan is a short term fix. Everyone says he's going to bring stability and winning to the organization but you can't do that when you're only going to be there for a couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
As far as cheering McNabb goes...I think he'll get a solid round of applause/cheer. I think that the attention the media has given it will result in a more positive outcome in the "Cheer McNabb" department then if this story would not have been first page NFL news this week.
I also don't think Philly is the same as it used to be. Oh, there's still crazy obnoxious fans but I don't get the "they're out to get you" vibe that I got from Veterans Stadium crowds. That's a little disheartening in a way as I always liked how the fans could create an atmosphere of intimidation.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #35
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

I just don't see us pulling this one out at all...
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #36
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

The Skins have to protect McNabb. Hopefully Trent is back and CP/Torrain will need to pick up the blitzers. I imagine Shannahan will use some heavy protection schemes.

Defensively though, it's going to be a nightmare trying to contain all the Eagles speed on the outside. I don't know who is going to draw the Vick-spy duty. I would assume Fletcher but he can't keep up with Vick.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #37
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

out the Redskins report..they said a DB will shadow Vick..hope it's Landry...love Vick, I really do, just hope he has an off game this sunday..would love to see Kolb in this game.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 10-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #38
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
out the Redskins report..they said a DB will shadow Vick..hope it's Landry...love Vick, I really do, just hope he has an off game this sunday..would love to see Kolb in this game.
Landry better take some good angles and wrap-up instead of going for the killshot.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #39
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I also don't think Philly is the same as it used to be. Oh, there's still crazy obnoxious fans but I don't get the "they're out to get you" vibe that I got from Veterans Stadium crowds. That's a little disheartening in a way as I always liked how the fans could create an atmosphere of intimidation.
There's still plenty of rawkusness at the Linc, but the boo birds only come out to hold players accountable. B-Dawk came back to town last year, and was cheered vigorously...and he opted to leave Philly, albeit after they expected him to take a pay cut. Its different than McNabb because Dawkins was by far the fan favorite though, and McNabb seemed to always be on shaky ground. I'd cheer for him in a heartbeat...one of my all-time faves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Landry better take some good angles and wrap-up instead of going for the killshot.
Does he know how to do that?
Old 10-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #40
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
@JBH3: Landry's been playing out of his mind this year.

I don't know if this is a good move though. The shadow's job isn't to tackle Vick. It's a better job for a LB imo. With two speedsters on the outside and shaky free safety play, I don't know about basically pulling the other safety permanently in the box.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »