Home

Week 4: Bengals @ Browns

This is a discussion on Week 4: Bengals @ Browns within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2010, 11:25 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Week 4: Bengals @ Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM Punk
LMFAO at comparing the UFC to the NFL.

Not the same sport buddy.
May not be the same sport but when you compare the damage one sport may inflict on the body due to out-right violence... complaining about a hit over the middle of a football field and not complaining about the violence or damage a kick or punch to the face it shows the true double standard many of you are living.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #58
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
May not be the same sport but when you compare the damage one sport may inflict on the body due to out-right violence... complaining about a hit over the middle of a football field and not complaining about the violence or damage a kick or punch to the face it shows the true double standard many of you are living.
Actually it just shows the lengths you'll go to to try to defend a horrible point.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Actually it just shows the lengths you'll go to to try to defend a horrible point.
Don't know why I elected to 'view post'.. But still shows me one thing about you... Such a scary little mod you are.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #60
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
True also when you compare the violence of hunting shows to football. When those hunters shoot those deer and other defenseless animals. I mean how can we sit here and complain about a hit over the middle of the field and not complain about these hunters killing those deer on ESPN.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
True also when you compare the violence of hunting shows to football. When those hunters shoot those deer and other defenseless animals. I mean how can we sit here and complain about a hit over the middle of the field and not complain about these hunters killing those deer on ESPN.
I'm glad someone finally gets my point! lol

I am all for killing things... people, animals, little kids' dreams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #62
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Well, there are rules against late hits and hits on defenseless receivers and this hit in particular happened to break both of those rules. Period.
How was it a late hit? Shipley wouldn't have been defenseless if Palmer never threw that ball. Quarterbacks shouldn't be leaving receivers hung out to dry like that. I'm glad Shipley isn't hurt, but if he was, all responsibility would be on Palmer for that. Ward was doing his job and enforcing the middle of the field. The game of football includes being physical, and Ward's hit fell within confines of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uz-57r5X2g

Is that not the same type of play that everyone was hooting and hollering about in a cheering sense? Reggie Bush getting hung out to dry as a receiver and he gets lit up. No penalty and no bloggers on the internet calling Sheldon Brown a dirty player.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #63
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Keep living in your Browns fantasy land there pal.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 10-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM Punk
Keep living in your Browns fantasy land there pal.
Thanks I will.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »