Home

Week 5: Sunday Night Football Eagles @ 49ers

This is a discussion on Week 5: Sunday Night Football Eagles @ 49ers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #177
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Week 5: Sunday Night Football Eagles @ 49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
To your point... I don't disagree. The thing is Alex keeps showing flashes. Even when I thought he'd get pulled yesterday, Singletary laid into him and he came out and did a great job. But my guess is they're trying to develop Troy a bit. I would love to see him get some run but if he's not ready then he'll be done for good in the league. It'd be nice to see if he can make it work though... hell Carr too really. That 9ers team should not be 0-5. It's not all Alex Smith's fault but it wasn't all the OC's fault either and he got the axe.
I have to admit I was also impressed with Alex after "Benchgate". Maybe Coach Mike should do Alex what big John Henderson has done to him before ever game. Alex might look like Peyton Manning the rest of his career.

Clearly the problem with Alex is consistency. Something that apparently is the problem with all the QB's on their roster. I like Alex, David and Troy but that team needs a shake up and the best spot to shake things up usually is the QB spot.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 10-11-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #178
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I have to admit I was also impressed with Alex after "Benchgate". Maybe Coach Mike should do Alex what big John Henderson has done to him before ever game. Alex might look like Peyton Manning the rest of his career.

Clearly the problem with Alex is consistency. Something that apparently is the problem with all the QB's on their roster. I like Alex, David and Troy but that team needs a shake up and the best spot to shake things up usually is the QB spot.
Yeah, I agree with that. The problem is that's what they've been doing with the QB spot for years. Just last year it was Hill (looking pretty good in Detroit btw) and Smith going back and forth. At some point you'd want to pick somebody and stick to them.

With what we've seen I can see how you may think now is not that time... I just don't know. It's not like handing the keys to Carr or Troy is the right idea out the gate either.

And with all this discussion, lets also not forget that the offense runs through Gore and he had 2 costly fumbles last night. Meanwhile both Crabtree and Vernon Davis had over 100 yards receiving. I guess this team is just hard to figure out.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #179

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Yeah, I agree with that. The problem is that's what they've been doing with the QB spot for years. Just last year it was Hill (looking pretty good in Detroit btw) and Smith going back and forth. At some point you'd want to pick somebody and stick to them.

With what we've seen I can see how you may think now is not that time... I just don't know. It's not like handing the keys to Carr or Troy is the right idea out the gate either.

And with all this discussion, lets also not forget that the offense runs through Gore and he had 2 costly fumbles last night. Meanwhile both Crabtree and Vernon Davis had over 100 yards receiving. I guess this team is just hard to figure out.
Gore has always had issues with fumbles and it apparently wont stop anytime soon unfortunately. Having said that, Alex Smith isnt comfortable taking snaps under center still and Frank Gore isnt at his best when taking handoffs out of the gun so its just a receipe for disaster. If this team is truly going to be built around Gore then they need a guy who can operate from under center and takes care of the football, if we have a guy like that then maybe we can finally make strides offensively.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #180
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

After digesting everything, I think that what we saw last night was 2 below average teams beating up on each other.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #181
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Gore has always had issues with fumbles and it apparently wont stop anytime soon unfortunately. Having said that, Alex Smith isnt comfortable taking snaps under center still and Frank Gore isnt at his best when taking handoffs out of the gun so its just a receipe for disaster. If this team is truly going to be built around Gore then they need a guy who can operate from under center and takes care of the football, if we have a guy like that then maybe we can finally make strides offensively.
That's a pretty good point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #182
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

If the 49ers let go of Singletary, I'd love to see him patrolling the Dallas sidelines. I understand he's not the greatest X's & O's guy - that's why you hire good co-ordinators - but what Singletary is is a great motivator of men and a man who's emotion, fire and presence brings accountability to a locker room, something my team has not had for years now.

Alas, it'll never happen.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #183
Banned

OVR: 24

Why does the audio keep cutting out every SNF game?

I hear Chris trying to explain what happened during a replay, then he sounds like he's in a glass box. Every game so far this year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »