Home

Bills Fans Need To Circle The Wagons

This is a discussion on Bills Fans Need To Circle The Wagons within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Bills Fans Need To Circle The Wagons

Bills won't lose their team to T DOT, no way. The city of Buffalo would explode.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piderman
Bills won't lose their team to T DOT, no way. The city of Buffalo would explode.
Can you imagine what the city would look like after that?!...

Old 10-08-2010, 03:31 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Living in a burb of TO I would be floored if a team moved here. I really, really doubt it for 2 reasons...need for a new stadium and ticket prices would be astronomical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
The Jaguars ticket sales issues are known nationally but the problems of these teams (Chargers, Raiders, Bucs & Bills) to sell tickets should be a red flag to the NFL. These teams have decades of fan growth to call upon, large population groups and still have attendance issues.
Chargers - notoriously bad ownership but good team
Raiders - what has now become comically bad ownership
Bucs - big money, big team ownership that just seemed to stop caring bout da Bucs
Bills - also in the category of comically bad ownership
Jags - decent team but in a tough, tough market. Don't know enough about the ownership to offer a valid opinion

Really, really bearish economy plus people have many more choices now to spend their spare time on. Owners thinking they can just half a$ a team together year after year and the masses will keep showing up. Those days are over.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Old 10-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #20
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSmerg
Living in a burb of TO I would be floored if a team moved here. I really, really doubt it for 2 reasons...need for a new stadium and ticket prices would be astronomical.
The need for a new stadium is one of two huge stumbling blocks. The other is the fact that Toronto is not in the US hence the revenue generated by TV has no way of being shared with the rest of the league and a ton of the league's sponsors wouldn't have access to the Toronto market yet their Canadian Subsidaries would. There'd have to be a really creative solution to that problem.

As for ticket prices, that's not to big of a deal especially if the "new normal" economic reality is a sure thing as the Canadian dollar is at or near par right now and many economists are saying this could be the case for a few years at the very least.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #21
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
The need for a new stadium is one of two huge stumbling blocks. The other is the fact that Toronto is not in the US hence the revenue generated by TV has no way of being shared with the rest of the league and a ton of the league's sponsors wouldn't have access to the Toronto market yet their Canadian Subsidaries would. There'd have to be a really creative solution to that problem.

As for ticket prices, that's not to big of a deal especially if the "new normal" economic reality is a sure thing as the Canadian dollar is at or near par right now and many economists are saying this could be the case for a few years at the very least.
With the current state of the economy and falling sponsorships/ticket sales and possibly soon TV revenue, I think the NFL would be willing to rethink their standards. Rogers Centre was certainly made for baseball, but it is pretty good for football as well.

In the long run, I could see the team remaining in Buffalo but them playing 2 regular season games annually in Toronto to get some more $$ coming in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #22
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

The Bills aren't losing money, they're just not making as much money as old Ralph would like.

One huge thing I've read in terms of sponsorships would be beer commercials. Apparently it would be really tough to negotiate all of that in Canada.

Anyway, there is no way they'll move to Toronto after seeing what a disaster the Toronto series of games have been. Nobody wants to pay for tickets up there.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 11-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
The Bills aren't losing money, they're just not making as much money as old Ralph would like.

One huge thing I've read in terms of sponsorships would be beer commercials. Apparently it would be really tough to negotiate all of that in Canada.

Anyway, there is no way they'll move to Toronto after seeing what a disaster the Toronto series of games have been. Nobody wants to pay for tickets up there.
Thats mainly because of how bad the Bills are and the teams they have played. I went to the first one and it sucked. HARD. Theres no way in hell I am paying that much money to see the Bills and Bears play. The only time I would go is if they were playing the Raiders.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #24
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins

As Piderman says it's mainly because of the state of the Bills and the teams they've played. Also people in this area can't get geeked up when the games essentially have no meaning and it's not "their" team so to speak. I think that'd change if it was a split schedule of 4 games in Buffalo and 4 in Toronto. Needless to say and I feel the need to say this most of the time since i'm in the Toronto area. I DO NOT want the team moving here at all.

As for the beer issue, it's not that they can't get beer sponsorships it's the fact that it would only go to the Canadian distributors rather then the American distributors of said beer sponsorships.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »