Home

Do you agree with Primetime on his position in the 100 Greatest Players list?

This is a discussion on Do you agree with Primetime on his position in the 100 Greatest Players list? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2010, 04:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Do you agree with Primetime on his position in the 100 Greatest Players list?

The voters' panel thing listed "Primetime" Deion Sanders as #34 on the 100 greatest players. On NFL Total Access (NFL Network's main show), Deion was ranting about how he should've been higher on the list. Do you agree with this or not? If the 100 greatest players in NFL history were lined up, would you really put Deion at #34 or would you have him higher or lower?

To me, he can stay right where he's at. And move a certain Rod Woodson up from #41, ahead of Deion and his cocky ego.

Where do you rank Deion Sanders on your top 100 players of all-time?
Look I'm a radical-I don't fit your game. I take it over, cementin' my name in lights. It lasts forever! So don't ya forget that when my name comes up point out I'm a legend- never to be forgotten, all my haters have been forgotten. Get ya popcorn popped cuz I'm a be a soldier til I'm 4ever stopped!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 05:04 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Do you agree with Primetime on his position in the 100 Greatest Players list?

I'd put him a bit higher, but then again I have only been watching football for 25 years so I can't really give a fair assessment to all of the guys who played before him.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Do you agree with Primetime on his position in the 100 Greatest Players list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
I'd put him a bit higher, but then again I have only been watching football for 25 years so I can't really give a fair assessment to all of the guys who played before him.
Same here. I still feel like Rod Woodson was a more complete defensive back though and I would have him higher than Deion. I don't know about all those "old school" cornerbacks. Guys like Mel Blount, Night Train Lane, and all of them.
Look I'm a radical-I don't fit your game. I take it over, cementin' my name in lights. It lasts forever! So don't ya forget that when my name comes up point out I'm a legend- never to be forgotten, all my haters have been forgotten. Get ya popcorn popped cuz I'm a be a soldier til I'm 4ever stopped!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 23

I'd say he's top 25, but not much higher than that.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:41 AM   #5
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Tough call. No Doubt Woodson was the better tackler, but Deion made magic happen anytime he touched the ball. I see this as very similar to the TO vs Moss Debate, there are ways Deion affected the game that I just don't think Woodson did. They both won their D-NFLPofY awards in back to back seasons... If you threw it near either guy it was probably getting picked, if you threw it at Deion though, it was probably getting picked, and returned for 6. I think a lot of that perception had to do with Deion being able to play both ways.

To me it would depend on the style of defense I was running, but IMO I would have taken Deion over Woodson on the field.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey

Last edited by Amoo316; 10-15-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I laughed when he said he never shied away from contact. I have the 1991 Chargers highlight film and there's a great clip of him basically running away from Marion Butts as Butts was dragging guys down the field.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

Sanders was the most dominant cover corner in his generation. He was also a great pr and kr. I don't know if he should be higher but few dbs should be higher than Sanders.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Sanders was the most dominant cover corner in his generation. He was also a great pr and kr. I don't know if he should be higher but few dbs should be higher than Sanders.
For me the only DB's I would probably put higher.

Mel Blount
Dick Nighttrane Lane
Ronnie Lott
Mike Haynes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »