Home

Is Laron Landry the best safety in the league right now?

This is a discussion on Is Laron Landry the best safety in the league right now? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Through 6 games, has Landry been the best?
Yes 6 17.65%
No 28 82.35%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #57
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Is Laron Landry the best safety in the league right now?

I do to..but that's on Shanny...He wanted to play a 3-4 and be like the Steelers defense. on difference is, we don't have James Harrison,Casey Hampton,Aaron Smith,Brett Kiesel,Lawrence Timmons,Ryan Clark..or DICK LEBEAU!!!
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 10-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #58
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

but then again..look at the offenses we had to face the last 6 games.

week 1: Tony Romo/Cowboys
week 2: Matt Schuab/Texans
week 3: Sam Bradford/Rams
week 4: Vick,Kolb/Eagles
week 5: Aaron Rodgers/Packers
Week 6: Peyton Manning/Colts

look at the QB's we had to face though, and that's a big reason why we've giving up so much.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #59
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Landry is great this season, but you know if you really want to use Tackles and stuff as a stat then you can make the arguement that last season Saints SS Roman Harper was on the best Safetys in the game and obv noone is gonna agree with that, he was just a great run supporter.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #60
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
but then again..look at the offenses we had to face the last 6 games.

week 1: Tony Romo/Cowboys
week 2: Matt Schuab/Texans
week 3: Sam Bradford/Rams
week 4: Vick,Kolb/Eagles
week 5: Aaron Rodgers/Packers
Week 6: Peyton Manning/Colts

look at the QB's we had to face though, and that's a big reason why we've giving up so much.
Yea I'll give you guys a break since you have played some prolific offenses so far.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #61
Rookie

snowman5607's Arena

OVR: 8

It's ok. Landry just sucks I suppose. I mean how in the hell did he get defensive player of the week for week 5? I guess that was a fluke. The dislike of him is ridiculous. But, I do agree about why the Saints D was good last year. If you watched the game Sunday night, you'd know we dropped 3 INTs. We get those, it's possibly a different game.

You also have to keep in mind that this IS the first year in the 3-4 and the Redskins lack a dominant player at the most important position, a NT. They don't have the right OLB. I love Carter, but he's a misfit. As is Alexander right now. When they get the players, they'll be better. "Oh Green Bay was great in their first year." There's a difference. They used their first pick on B.J. Raji; a good NT. Your 3-4 won't be worth jack without an effective NT. They've done the best they can with what they've got so far. And 3 wins right now after last year's joke of a team is exciting for us.
But back for Landry, I'm done talking about him. Haters gonna hate. When he's in Honolulu this year, can't say I didn't tell you it'd happen because right now, he's on that level.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #62
Rookie

snowman5607's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
I really wished you guys stayed in the 4-3. You would have a dominant defense with a 4-3 an could still play Landry in the box.
Yeah me too. But Shanahan wanted to go to the 3-4.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
And as for their yards given up (where team's defenses are "ranked"), as I mentioned earlier, doesn't matter. It's all about points. The San Diego Chargers have given up the fewest yards in the NFL. The Dallas Cowboys have given up the 4th fewest yards in the NFL. The Minnesota Vikings have given up the 5th fewest fewest yards in the NFL. They all have one thing in common - they have losing records. How's that working out for them?
Does their W/L matter considering they're all better defenses than the Skins? The Skins have no business with the record that they currently sit at. Their wins all come in games where they played like ****, and somehow squeeze out a victory through the other team shooting themselves in the foot. They're not getting blown out or anything, but they're not looking good or superior either.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #64
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
He's balling his *** off right now.

But being the best Safety in the league after 6 weeks isn't really saying much.
I voted yes, taking the question VERY literally. PPM's quote here is on point though. The problem with this thread is that it's been 6 weeks. All of the excuses are accurate too... bc it's been 6 weeks. Lets see what everything looks like over the entire season.

Skins D should get better, Troy P's presence should be more obvious, Ed Reed should throw his hat into the discussion (hope he's healthy) and Landry has time to prove his consistency is better than year's past.

We really shouldn't be having a serious discussion about this at this point, but Landry has been doing more than getting tackles and has made big plays at key times. He deserves some love... just needs to be kept in check.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »