Home

James Harrison is a moron....

This is a discussion on James Harrison is a moron.... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #25
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: James Harrison is a moron....

Leading with your helmet and striking a player with it is not a "tackle"....get real.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #26
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
He ran thru him and made the tackle.
Really? He wasn't even on his feet when he made the "tackle" He speared him.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I already thought he was a moron. This is just icing on the cake.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #28
Rookie

snowman5607's Arena

OVR: 8

Well, for those complaining about him hitting with his helmet, you're taught to tackle with your eyes... You're going to hit them with your helmet. It's just how it is. If you don't see what you're going to hit, you're not going to tackle them. It's simple. People are getting to the point where if it's a big noise made, it's a dirty hit, which is just wrong for the most part.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 12

football is a game of pain. They don't call it "hitting" for nothing. The goal in every collision on the football field is to exact as much damage as possible. If you don’t get that it’s fair to say that you never played the game.

I played DB and you better believe that every RB I ever squared off against was trying to PUNISH me. He wanted to make sure that I remembered the pain he caused the next time I tried to tackle him. And I tried to do the same thing to him.

James Harrison simply stated a fact about the game off football. Perhaps it was a little insensitive given the fact that he had just concussed a man. But then again eff that. When did football players get so in touch with their emotional side. A lot of estrogen flying around football these days.

As far is this launching business. Do you understand that every tackle involves the launching of the defensive player’s body, yes even the pretty shoulder and arm form tackles you guys keep crying about. Form tackling includes EXPLOSIVELY driving your body through the offensive player. Hammer strength has designed a weight lifting machine designed specifically to build the necessary force to drive through guys. You will only find this machine in elite football training rooms. Some of you wouldn’t know anything about that though. The james Harrison hit was a result of a bigger man with more momentum running into a smaller man with less momentum. Folks that’s football. It happens.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #30
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastwork
football is a game of pain. They don't call it "hitting" for nothing. The goal in every collision on the football field is to exact as much damage as possible. If you don’t get that it’s fair to say that you never played the game.

I played DB and you better believe that every RB I ever squared off against was trying to PUNISH me. He wanted to make sure that I remembered the pain he caused the next time I tried to tackle him. And I tried to do the same thing to him.

James Harrison simply stated a fact about the game off football. Perhaps it was a little insensitive given the fact that he had just concussed a man. But then again eff that. When did football players get so in touch with their emotional side. A lot of estrogen flying around football these days.

As far is this launching business. Do you understand that every tackle involves the launching of the defensive player’s body, yes even the pretty shoulder and arm form tackles you guys keep crying about. Form tackling includes EXPLOSIVELY driving your body through the offensive player. Hammer strength has designed a weight lifting machine designed specifically to build the necessary force to drive through guys. You will only find this machine in elite football training rooms. Some of you wouldn’t know anything about that though. The james Harrison hit was a result of a bigger man with more momentum running into a smaller man with less momentum. Folks that’s football. It happens.
Agree 100%, i've been saying the same thing, but people continue to whine about contact in a contact sport.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 10-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #31
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Agree 100%, i've been saying the same thing, but people continue to whine about contact in a contact sport.
There's no need for helmet to helmet or flagrant hits...it'll take some of the wow factor out, but I'd like to see good players stay healthier
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #32
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

since there's a bigger thread about the contact rules, I'm also going to close this one.

use this: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...egal-hits.html
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »