Home

Week 7: Bengals @ Falcons

This is a discussion on Week 7: Bengals @ Falcons within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #33
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
My personal opinion, but I don't think the Bengals are going to turn the corner until they find a way to consistently pressure the quarterback from the d-line. Fanene, Johnson, Dunlap, Geathers, someone has to step it up. They've been in need of a premium pass rusher for as long as I can remember.

I know Zimmer must be ready to murder someone.
What happened to Geno Atkins? He was tearing it up earlier in the year.

Last edited by Palo20; 10-24-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #34
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Week 7: Bengals @ Falcons

Well Roddy White had a big game. Was the pro bowl CB Hall on him the whole time?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:15 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
The falcons o-line happened to Geno Atkins. I'm a huge Geno fan with him coming from Georgia and I thought he should have been a 2nd-3rd round pick, but the Flacons line is a raping unit. That and Michael Turner is a beast. Also - White for MVP anyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #36
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
Well Roddy White had a big game. Was the pro bowl CB Hall on him the whole time?
Don't know. I saw Adam Jones covering him a lot. Probably depended on which side White and Jenkins were set up. The INT that Hall had was when he was covering Jenkins.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 10-25-2010, 03:25 AM   #37
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Random question but I like the Bengals but don't get to watch them too much. I personally like Leon Hall better but which CB do you guys think is better Joseph or Hall?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:01 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 17

Leon Hall. Both are good, but I think Hall has the better upside and still hasn't even reached his potential. Kind of shocked Roddy White lit them up the way he did, since either should be able to limit his production.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #39
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
That's a good question. I don't know if he's fallen out of favor or what, but he really flashed during the pre-season. Quick penetrator with a high motor, he looked like one of those guys that was going to make everyone else on that line better, but he's pretty much vanished.

0.5 a sack, 4 tackles and while raw sack numbers don't tell the whole story of how much pressure a team is getting, the opposing quarterbacks always look a little too settled in the pocket to me when playing against the Bengals. Marvin favors a more read and react, two-gap scheme where the linemen funnel the action to the linebackers instead of focusing on getting up field wreak havoc then pin their ears back on 3rd down. I'm not quite sure Zimmer has completely done away with that style, but I think Geno would be more effective in a one gap.

Quote:
kng23rich
Random question but I like the Bengals but don't get to watch them too much. I personally like Leon Hall better but which CB do you guys think is better Joseph or Hall?
Depends on how you measure your corners and what you expect from them. No question Joseph is a better athlete, better speed, better hips and better man-to-man. That alone is why I give a slight edge to Joseph, because if I've got a guy who I can stick on an island it frees me up to do so many other things scheme wise.

Hall is a more complete corner. He's not a true one-on-one, shutdown guy, but he is physical, good tackler, has great ball skills and is pro bowl caliber when he can keep his eyes in the backfield and have a little help over the top. That's why yesterday's game against White doesn't shock me that much.

Hall is a really good player but he doesn't have great hips and that's what I look for in a corner because you'll be susceptible to double-moves. Last year's game against the Chargers where we had the late lead and Vincent Jackson just manhandled him and had him twisted all around comes to mind.

This vid is a perfect example:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d81525696

When it's all said and done, though, their skills are the perfect compliment to one another. They are better as a whole.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »