Home

MNF | Week 7 | Cowboys @ Giants

This is a discussion on MNF | Week 7 | Cowboys @ Giants within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2010, 02:33 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: MNF | Week 7 | Cowboys @ Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
This game is in Dallas, not NY.

As already mentioned, do or die for the Cowboys. 1-5 is no way to start the season. Giants have been playing well though. I'm still going Dallas simply on the fact that I can't imagine them starting 1-5.
Great reasoning. I'm going Giants. Hopefully we continue to stop the running game and force Romo into passing the ball into the number 2 ranked pass defense. The offense just has to score and keep scoring especially if we get a lead. We get too complacent once we get a lead and just sit on the ball and allow the other team to sneak back into the game. Oh and I can imagine seeing the Cowboys at 1-5 or worse and watching Trent Difler inexplicably still pick them to win the NFC east.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:40 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Great reasoning. I'm going Giants. Hopefully we continue to stop the running game and force Romo into passing the ball into the number 2 ranked pass defense. The offense just has to score and keep scoring especially if we get a lead. We get too complacent once we get a lead and just sit on the ball and allow the other team to sneak back into the game. Oh and I can imagine seeing the Cowboys at 1-5 or worse and watching Trent Difler inexplicably still pick them to win the NFC east.
It is a good reasoning. They're at home on the biggest regular season stage in the NFL. They're facing 1-5. It's make or break for them and they know it.

If it makes you feel any better, I would've picked Dallas regardless of the fact that they're 1-4.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 3

Well as of now, both teams in the NFC East lost today, so a Cowboys win moves them within 1 in the loss column, and 2nd place in the overall vs. division standings at (1-1).

the Wacky NFC continues to amaze me... a 1-4 team actually within 1 game of the division leader with a win.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
It is a good reasoning. They're at home on the biggest regular season stage in the NFL. They're facing 1-5. It's make or break for them and they know it.

If it makes you feel any better, I would've picked Dallas regardless of the fact that they're 1-4.
Thus they will win the game? Im still confused by you're reasoning. They need to win, so they will?
Old 10-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiggio
Well as of now, both teams in the NFC East lost today, so a Cowboys win moves them within 1 in the loss column, and 2nd place in the overall vs. division standings at (1-1).

the Wacky NFC continues to amaze me... a 1-4 team actually within 1 game of the division leader with a win.
Division standings really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. A 6-0 in the division team could be 6-10 in the league, aka garbage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Thus they will win the game? Im still confused by you're reasoning. They need to win, so they will?
I didn't say they will win. I said I'm picking them to win because of that. It's called a prediction/opinion. Nothing is fact here.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 12

GO GIANTS!!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Division standings really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. A 6-0 in the division team could be 6-10 in the league, aka garbage.
That's what makes things even more wierder.. as I said, the Cowboys could move within 1 game of the loss column within the NFC East, and have the second best record against divisional teams and still be a long way away from any type of playoff potential.

It's more of a shame towards the Cowboys for losing to every team under the sun than me trying to fish for a resason to make the playoffs, I understand clearly that the first tie breaker is win loss record.

It's an understatement to say right now I've been super dissapointed with this team. The NFC has been flat all season, and we've been the ringleader of flatness the first 6 weeks of the season.

Last edited by lilbiggio; 10-24-2010 at 08:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »