Home

Week 7: Dolphins @ Steelers

This is a discussion on Week 7: Dolphins @ Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #65
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Week 7: Dolphins @ Steelers

Yeah unmasked makes a great point. I'm not going to say that the steelers played a great game cause they didnt. But when big ben fumbled, there were whistles and refs signaling a touchdown. So why would the steeler players who heard the whistle and saw the ref signal touchdown even bother diving for the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #66

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Yeah unmasked makes a great point. I'm not going to say that the steelers played a great game cause they didnt. But when big ben fumbled, there were whistles and refs signaling a touchdown. So why would the steeler players who heard the whistle and saw the ref signal touchdown even bother diving for the ball.
That argument is weak when their were Steelers players diving on the pile as well. I'm pretty sure they didn't hear the whistle either.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmasked
I've always thought that the ball should be ruled dead once a whistle is blown. It wouldn't have been fair for the Steelers players who heard the whistle and started to celebrate the TD to lose the ball because the Dolphins players instinctively dived on the ball.
That's what I was saying. Nobody went for the ball because it was ruled a TD. Then Legursky (and someone else) dived in after the two Phins guys got in there. If both teams were fighting for possession on the bottom of the pile, who do you give it to? I just don't understand the outcome of the call. How is it Pittsburgh is fourth and Goal? It had to be either a TD or Miami ball. But since they don't know who has possession they just have it be fourth and goal for Pittsburgh? That hardly makes sense. If you can't CHANGE the call, then the call stays the same. Meaning Pittsburgh TD. Instead it was Pittsburgh fourth and goal. So....WTF?
Old 10-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #68
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

miami gets robbed on a call by the ref 2 weeks in a row.

steelers didnt deserve this win how was it inclusive that we came up with the ball? 2 dolphin players had there hand on it then a dolphin player comes up with it?

bogus call i guess goodell was talking to the ref for that 5 minutes and told him how to make that call so people can buy more ben jerseys and love the steelers again.

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Old 10-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #69
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmasked
They called it correctly. It was a fumble, and there inconclusive evidence of who recovered it.
Let's see.... multiple Dolphins jumping on the ball first. A Miami Dolphin emerging from the pile with the ball. That is pretty unclear.

That's not even the point. The ref's failed when they checked out of the play and didn't even bother to see who recovered the ball.

Has anyone on her ever seen that before?
Old 10-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #70
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

You sound silly tiko
Old 10-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiko7523
miami gets robbed on a call by the ref 2 weeks in a row.

steelers didnt deserve this win how was it inclusive that we came up with the ball? 2 dolphin players had there hand on it then a dolphin player comes up with it?

bogus call i guess goodell was talking to the ref for that 5 minutes and told him how to make that call so people can buy more ben jerseys and love the steelers again.
*yawn*

You watch the replay. I just seen it on the post game. You see two Phins players dive on top, yes. Ben then sprawls forward and you can CLEARLY see his hand grabbing the ball when the Phins players do. Ben said HE had the ball on the bottom of the pile.

So if a Phins player came out of it with the ball, he probably just grabbed it after the whistle was blown, which is not uncommon. The team that actually runs out of the pile with the ball, isn't always the team that had possession.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #72
Banned

After watching that replay, I'm pulling a 180 on this. The reason the call is wrong, though, is that it's not a TD. I still don't understand that part in the slightest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »