Home

Raiders @ Broncos

This is a discussion on Raiders @ Broncos within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Raiders @ Broncos

lol, it's worse than I thought in Denver. McDaniels really did a number on that franchise. How's that Tim Tebow pick (or any pick he's made) looking now? Quit trying to do your Belichick impression and just build a football team, you idiot. 59 points to the freaking Raiders, that's about as embarrassing as you can get.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #50
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I have no clue why I watched the majority of this game but I did. The Raiders looked AMAZING yesterday and it shows that they're not that bad of a team as long as they limit their mistakes. The tandem of McFadden and Bush can be deadly. One thing I don't really like though is how Campbell seems to have, well not a floaty ball but it always seems to be high for some reason. That's a minor quibble though. I think if the Raiders are patient they have the makings of a pretty good team.
Woah nelly there. You need to not get your hopes up too much after this game. I figured this game would make Raider fans foam at the mouths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
lol, it's worse than I thought in Denver. McDaniels really did a number on that franchise. How's that Tim Tebow pick (or any pick he's made) looking now? Quit trying to do your Belichick impression and just build a football team, you idiot. 59 points to the freaking Raiders, that's about as embarrassing as you can get.
McDaniels, I wanted to give him 3 years, the first year was "okay" IMO for what went on. 8-8 against a hard schedule. This year though, I'm seeing at best 6-10 right now. Its not all about the losses, but "how" you lose. If there are more games where we are flat out dominated, I'd want his *** gone this year. If they are competitive and have chances in every game, maybe another year to get some guys back fully healthy and see what can happen.
As far as his picks, he's actually drafted some decent players. However, he still has made some horrific picks/trades. Demarius Thomas has the makings of a good WR in the league, Ayers a solid OLB in the 3-4, Darcel McBath, Parrish Cox, Beadles. However, the idiotic trade to get Alphonso Smith only to ship him off for a TE who is 3rd on the depth chart and then the trading up to land the project Tim Tebow, not working out so well.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 10-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #51
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
Woah nelly there. You need to not get your hopes up too much after this game. I figured this game would make Raider fans foam at the mouths.

McDaniels, I wanted to give him 3 years, the first year was "okay" IMO for what went on. 8-8 against a hard schedule. This year though, I'm seeing at best 6-10 right now. Its not all about the losses, but "how" you lose. If there are more games where we are flat out dominated, I'd want his *** gone this year. If they are competitive and have chances in every game, maybe another year to get some guys back fully healthy and see what can happen.
As far as his picks, he's actually drafted some decent players. However, he still has made some horrific picks/trades. Demarius Thomas has the makings of a good WR in the league, Ayers a solid OLB in the 3-4, Darcel McBath, Parrish Cox, Beadles. However, the idiotic trade to get Alphonso Smith only to ship him off for a TE who is 3rd on the depth chart and then the trading up to land the project Tim Tebow, not working out so well.
How can you evaluate Tebow at this point? Or even Thomas for that matter. No mention of Moreno either. Personally I don't think you can evaluate that either but then how can you mention the first two and not him?

And if we're talking about trades and draft, may want to also bring up the HORRIBLE trade that got rid of Cutler and brought in Orton and two high draft picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #52
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
I'm not saying they're world beaters but the Raiders have a solid foundation upon to work with. A lot of people including myself have said the Raiders will be a darkhorse this year. It all hinges on how Campbell plays for the most part as the defense is there. They just need consistency in all phases of the game and they can be a solid 9-10 win team for the next couple of years.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
You look at the other teams who were "rebuilding" when McDaniels got to Denver. KC. TB. STL. All of them have shown significant progress this season. The Broncos got off to a smoke and mirrors start last season, and have been dreadful ever since the Steelers/Ravens beat the hell out of them.

McDaniels is an idiot. He's trying to do his Belichick impression, instead of building a football team. He thinks he's going to bring in "his" players as "projects" and make them into superstars to show everybody how smart he is, and meanwhile, he just got humiliated by the Oakland Raiders. Marshall/Cutler were both headaches, and nobody should be sold on Cutler to begin with, so I'm not going to kill him for shipping them off, but I would have thought you'd be fine trying your luck with Jay Cutler instead of going after Matt Cassell, which eventually led to having Kyle Orton, which will eventually lead to having Tim Tebow. Or Brady Quinn, who the hell knows.

For the amount of picks he had, and high picks at that, I'd say he's drafted horribly. The reach on Tebow was idiotic. There's going to be SO much development involved in making him a relevant NFL QB, if he ever gets there. He drafted offense with his three first rounders (over two seasons), and just one DE, whom he just made into a pass rusher anyways, and what's he got to show for that? A potentially good receiver, and a QB who is a long way off from the NFL, AFTER trading for Brady Quinn. Then you trade to get Smith, and then trade him (despite having nothing in the secondary but an aging Champ) for a pass blocking TE, after shipping off Scheffler, too.

They have nothing on their defensive line worth speaking about, despite a couple of decent OLB. What do they matter in a 3-4, though, if you don't have elite DE's/NT? That's why teams are just running right over them and will continue to. You can beef up the edges all you want, it won't matter if you got nothing up the middle.

I do not see the Broncos being a playoff team over this current 5 year plan under McDaniels. I'm not a Tebow guy, I never bought him as an NFL QB prospect, though that's not saying he won't be good. I certainly would not have did what McDaniels did in the drafting of him. That was a dumb move. They have a ton of needs on that defense, and he's off trying to do his Belichick impression. I don't see him being fired though, until we see what happens with Tebow.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #54
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

Quote:
And if we're talking about trades and draft, may want to also bring up the HORRIBLE trade that got rid of Cutler and brought in Orton and two high draft picks.
Horrible trade? Two first round picks (One in 2009, one in 2010), a third one draft pick in 2009, and Orton, for Jay Cutler and a fifth round draft pick. Chicago got ripped off!

And I would pick Orton over Cutler right now too. Cutler throws far too many picks, takes too many sacks.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #55
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
Horrible trade? Two first round picks (One in 2009, one in 2010), a third one draft pick in 2009, and Orton, for Jay Cutler and a fifth round draft pick. Chicago got ripped off!

And I would pick Orton over Cutler right now too. Cutler throws far too many picks, takes too many sacks.
Exactly. The trade wasn't Cutler for Orton as many have tried to make it out to be... AND Orton has outplayed Cutler in every way, shape and form so far this year. How that can be considered a bad trade is beyond me.

Again, I also don't see how Moreno isn't mentioned in any of this. Not sure if the evaluation would be good or bad (or like me, inconclusive) but he HAS to be mentioned.

I'll also throw in that they have a dominant pass rusher who happened to get hurt right after signing his contract. One could believe that loss is like the Ravens losing Ray or the Steelers losing Troy. It's no surprise their D has taken a hit because of it. McDaniels doesn't deserve high marks based on their record this year but he should get some credit for what the offense has done this year with no running game, no Cutler/Marshall/Scheffler (the argument was that they wouldn't survive without these guys). The defense sucked before McDaniels got there so losing the best player from a group with a promising turnaround last year will likely cause problems. Injuries to Champ, Dawkins and others won't help much either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 04:20 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 8

I'm with steelcurtain. McDaniels is too busy trying to make this all about him rather than the Broncos. The only good thing McDaniels done in Denver is getting rid of Cutler and Marshall. Neither one of them wanted to be there and was causing trouble to the entire team and yes Orton has been the better QB in both Chicago and Denver over Jay Cutler. With all of the draft picks they acquired, they haven't drafted well at all.

Josh McDaniels needs to get over himself really fast or the Broncos are going to end up trading places in the basement of the AFC West along with San Diego for the next few years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »