Home

Week 8: Titans @ Chargers

This is a discussion on Week 8: Titans @ Chargers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2010, 04:18 AM   #25
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Week 8: Titans @ Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Intent to injure is speculation, and without it, you're argument doesn't stack up. The Titans are just an NFL team who have players that occasionally get flagged for something. Call the press!
It's hardly speculation. Particularly the job Mawae did on Jamal Williams, not to mention the Merriman play. The Rivers and Gates ones, tough to say.

If you want to sugarcoat it so be it. You're a Titans fan, I am sure two offensive linemen going after Merriman's knees late and away from the ball or Andre Gurode getting stomped by Albert Haynesworth are probably totally accidental in your opinion. All with in the rules. Not to mention the stuff Finnegan pulls. But in his case, I guess those are the things you have to do when you aren't good enough to get noticed based on talent.

If the shoe were on the other foot, I get the feeling you would have a different opinion. See how you like an intentional hit, ruining the career of one of your franchise players. Not to mention nearly one to our franchise QB.

Last edited by bkrich83; 10-29-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 05:59 AM   #26
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
They play how it's supposed to be played.
You play to win. American Football is a violent game, and yet we still have people saying that some of these hits are dangerous. They signed the contract, they've played their whole lives, they know what their getting in to. That Jackson hit wasn't even intentional.

If a team won't play aggressive, especially on defense, then other teams are just going to walk all over them.

I'm not talking about the Titans, I'm talking about the NFL in general.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:29 AM   #27
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's hardly speculation. Particularly the job Mawae did on Jamal Williams, not to mention the Merriman play. The Rivers and Gates ones, tough to say.

If you want to sugarcoat it so be it. You're a Titans fan, I am sure two offensive linemen going after Merriman's knees late and away from the ball or Andre Gurode getting stomped by Albert Haynesworth are probably totally accidental in your opinion. All with in the rules. Not to mention the stuff Finnegan pulls. But in his case, I guess those are the things you have to do when you aren't good enough to get noticed based on talent.

If the shoe were on the other foot, I get the feeling you would have a different opinion. See how you like an intentional hit, ruining the career of one of your franchise players. Not to mention nearly one to our franchise QB.

first 2 things are by people who A) are not on the team anymore, b) the stomp was like 5 years ago, and C) the "offensive lineman going for peoples knees" was 3 years ago.

And what exactly has Finnegan done from a cheap shot standpoint? Hes feisty, but Ive never once seen him "go for someones knees" or deliberately come late on someone with intent to do anything. Yeah, he gets into it with people and is annoying, but cheap?

the italic stuff is just you trying to bash the guy further. I mean now your criticizing his talent level? Really?

we get it, you dont like the titans, if I were to try and watch every chargers game, I could prob compile a list of things they do late or unsportsmanlike, I prob could for every team. Your almost bordering on trolling with the "cheapshots" comments, your name calling on titan fans in this thread.

did you not watch the 2009 divisional playoff game between the Ravens and Titans? Did you not see the stuff they were doing to CJ after the whistle? It looked like prison, but every time we play the Ravens are we like "they are dirty", no they took CJ out of the game and didnt get penalized for it. Thats football. I would have liked to see them "stop cj" and not injure him or whatever, but what happened happened. to label them a dirty team and complain about it 3 years later is kind of childish or i dont know what it is, but its not normal.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #28
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
first 2 things are by people who A) are not on the team anymore, b) the stomp was like 5 years ago, and C) the "offensive lineman going for peoples knees" was 3 years ago.

And what exactly has Finnegan done from a cheap shot standpoint? Hes feisty, but Ive never once seen him "go for someones knees" or deliberately come late on someone with intent to do anything. Yeah, he gets into it with people and is annoying, but cheap?

the italic stuff is just you trying to bash the guy further. I mean now your criticizing his talent level? Really?

we get it, you dont like the titans, if I were to try and watch every chargers game, I could prob compile a list of things they do late or unsportsmanlike, I prob could for every team. Your almost bordering on trolling with the "cheapshots" comments, your name calling on titan fans in this thread.

did you not watch the 2009 divisional playoff game between the Ravens and Titans? Did you not see the stuff they were doing to CJ after the whistle? It looked like prison, but every time we play the Ravens are we like "they are dirty", no they took CJ out of the game and didnt get penalized for it. Thats football. I would have liked to see them "stop cj" and not injure him or whatever, but what happened happened. to label them a dirty team and complain about it 3 years later is kind of childish or i dont know what it is, but its not normal.
Defensive I guess. The Titans track record and their players actions stand for themselves.

Again, I somehow doubt you'd be this blase about it had it been on the other foot. If you want to believe the Titans can do no wrong, so be it. But they've earned the Cheapshots label.

And yes Finnegan does pop off and resort to the things he does, because he has to. He gets by on rep not ability.

I haven't even gotten in to Young's fake injuries. One of which led to most of the Titans/Chargers shenanigans.

The Titans are the Titans, a dirty team, and have been for some time. If you want to try to say they are like anyother team, fine, but it's simply not true.

And don't get defensive, you started this thread way, way in advance, with the way you wrote the OP, you have what you have in your signature. You got exactly what you asked for.

Not once in this thread have I insulted Titans fan. Actually I have never insulted or called a Titans fan a name. Actually if you read the thread, the only one that resorted to any sort of personal attack, was in fact a Titans fan, with the whole ridiculous bottle and crib comment.

Lighten up, someone called your team dirty. Get over it.

Last edited by bkrich83; 10-29-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #29
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Defensive I guess. The Titans track record and their players actions stand for themselves.

Again, I somehow doubt you'd be this blase about it had it been on the other foot. If you want to believe the Titans can do no wrong, so be it. But they've earned the Cheapshots label.

And yes Finnegan does pop off and resort to the things he does, because he has to. He gets by on rep not ability.

I haven't even gotten in to Young's fake injuries. One of which led to most of the Titans/Chargers shenanigans.

The Titans are the Titans, a dirty team, and have been for some time. If you want to try to say they are like anyother team, fine, but it's simply not true.

And don't get defensive, you started this thread way, way in advance, with the way you wrote the OP, you have what you have in your signature. You got exactly what you asked for.

Not once in this thread have I insulted Titans fan. Actually I have never insulted or called a Titans fan a name. Actually if you read the thread, the only one that resorted to any sort of personal attack, was in fact a Titans fan, with the whole ridiculous bottle and crib comment.

Lighten up, someone called your team dirty. Get over it.
Yeah. Was wrong about you attacking titans fan, I thought u said something but it was in response so, my bad

And quite honestly we have unofficially agreed to disagree years ago on this topic, I get it and I'm 100% convinced I can't change your opinion on the titans.

My only gripe is that you apply a lot of things to the team that happened years ago and all of your examples are by people no longer on the team.

And like I said, the shoe is on the other foot with the ravens and u can see how we treat that scenario
Old 10-29-2010, 03:06 PM   #30
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

After watching every Charger game vs the Titans over the years, I honestly don't know how anyone could defend what they do against the Chargers.

Now, the same could be said when the Titans play the Ravens, but I can't comment on that.
What I know, and what I see, are players that overreact to something really ridiculous (Merriman's "HIT" on Young) and then pop him on backside blocks and late hits to his knees.

Or when someone is blocked and on the ground, the O linemen will shove the players head into the ground anyway, even if he cant get up.

Well, we're about to find out firsthand (well... people who dont live in SoCal unless they are going to the game) if the Titans are still dirty or "cheapshots"

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #31
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
It's already over for the Chargers. They are not going to the postseason.

They are banged up and signing guys off the street, they have no chance in this game. Of course after playing the Cheapshots this weekend, they will probably be banged up even more.

San Diego has put it on Tennessee pretty much every time they have played. Hell the Cheapshots gave Ryan Leaf one of his two wins as a starter, but I see no way the Bolts can win this game.
Leaf lit up the Titans. RiderGH is right. The Titans are only known as a dirty team because of Cecil, a few incidents from years back, the absolute passion this team plays with, and specifically the NFL's marketing that loves a little WWF theatrics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #32
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
Yeah. Was wrong about you attacking titans fan, I thought u said something but it was in response so, my bad

And quite honestly we have unofficially agreed to disagree years ago on this topic, I get it and I'm 100% convinced I can't change your opinion on the titans.

My only gripe is that you apply a lot of things to the team that happened years ago and all of your examples are by people no longer on the team.

And like I said, the shoe is on the other foot with the ravens and u can see how we treat that scenario
I wasn't going to comment because I didn't want to derail the thread but since the issue is growing some legs I just want to clarify. What happened to CJ in that playoff game did NOT happen after the whistle. He was near the first down marker and falling forward and the Ravens were trying to push him back so he didn't get the first. Because his knee wasn't down the whistle wasn't blown and he ended up getting twisted pretty good (I believe that's the play you're talking about).

Since I'm here, I'll give my opinion on the "Cheapshots". For whatever reason, people still refer to Ray Lewis as a murderer or love to make jokes insinuating that he'll literally kill someone. Every now and then I'll bring the facts back up, but for the most part people are just looking at some way to take a shot at the guy or the team so it is what it is.

The Titans have displayed dirty behavior over the years... doesn't mean the entire team is dirty, or even that any of the current players are (losing argument if you're trying to convince me Finneran hasn't done anything dirty though) but that's how it works. The next time the Ravens play the Steelers I'll be eating my Rapistburger and pulling out a diaper for big baby Harrison and still calling Hines Ward the dirtiest offensive player in the league. Such is life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Leaf lit up the Titans. RiderGH is right. The Titans are only known as a dirty team because of Cecil, a few incidents from years back, the absolute passion this team plays with, and specifically the NFL's marketing that loves a little WWF theatrics.
There are MANY reasons why the Titans are called dirty. Just want to be clear because I'm not giving mixed messages. I don't think the entire team is dirty or many on the current team are (only one that I would point at... and most teams probably have one) but the incidents BK brought up from the past are legit and not media hype.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »