Home

Eagles' Defensive Coordinator To Be Fired?

This is a discussion on Eagles' Defensive Coordinator To Be Fired? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2010, 01:13 AM   #17
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
Re: Eagles' Defensive Coordinator To Be Fired?

Well, it looks like McDermott has responded well since this report.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #18
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

they switched alot around foukou out there now i personally lilke dixon on the d line , patterson at cb and graham and parker. we are playing the run good right now.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #19
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
Well, it looks like McDermott has responded well since this report.
Absolutely. I believe the defense is still getting comfortable with his style, and he's still getting comfortable with his players. You can't toss a guy in there and say, "Do it like JJ did it," and expect the same results. I'm glad the Eagles FO wasn't overreactive and let McDermott have some time to gel with his unit, and he and the D has rewarded them for their patience.

This Eagles D is really growing on me, though. They don't seem to have any stars there, maybe Samuel (that's a stretch, though), but everyone is pretty solid and they're playing well now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #20
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

They seem to be getting that bite back and they are playing faster. Ernie Sims seems to be settling in and a healthy Stewart Bradley is making a big difference in the middle. He was running the middle of the field better than I've ever seen.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #21
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Absolutely. I believe the defense is still getting comfortable with his style, and he's still getting comfortable with his players. You can't toss a guy in there and say, "Do it like JJ did it," and expect the same results. I'm glad the Eagles FO wasn't overreactive and let McDermott have some time to gel with his unit, and he and the D has rewarded them for their patience.

This Eagles D is really growing on me, though. They don't seem to have any stars there, maybe Samuel (that's a stretch, though), but everyone is pretty solid and they're playing well now.
Yea, I think they are buying into him. Last year, Sheldon Brown came out and said that the players weren't buying into his scheme which was most likely the cause for a lot of the issues. This year they seem to be buying into it (at least since the Titans game) and it is really showing. The run defense has been amazing all year, shutting down top runningbacks again and again. Idk, I'm still a little on the fence with him, because he showed this type of greatness last year at some points, but came back and let the Cowboys completely pick apart the defense in back to back games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
They seem to be getting that bite back and they are playing faster. Ernie Sims seems to be settling in and a healthy Stewart Bradley is making a big difference in the middle. He was running the middle of the field better than I've ever seen.
I think he is the key to the defense. He doesn't get any credit, but he is a very good player. He is a big dude and is great at stopping the run

Last edited by Dog; 11-22-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #22
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Definitely agreed on the Bradley point. He's the key cog, and as a MLB, that's what you want and need out of the QB of your defense. He has issues with coverage, but not many MLB's can keep up with some of these better TE's these days anyway so it's not all that surprising. He's a run stuffer first and foremost, he can't be Superman too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #23
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

The young d is getting better Allen get alittle lost still , but doing good. that line isn't getting pushed around alot and allowing the linebacker to make tackles. I hope patterson stays at CB . Plus the number of young talent they don't even dress on defense.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #24
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

He had a relapse in the Bears game. Hopefully he goes back to Colts game/Giants game form and not Titans game/Bears game form

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »