Home

Top 100 Player - Favre Higher Than Brady, Elway, and Marino

This is a discussion on Top 100 Player - Favre Higher Than Brady, Elway, and Marino within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #33
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Top 100 Player - Favre Higher Than Brady, Elway, and Marino

To be fair to Elway, who has ever won a Super Bowl on their own?
Old 10-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #34
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't know, I can't say I hold that against him. A lot of great players who won Super Bowls had some help, whether on the same unit as them or not (offense, defense).

His reputation has always been he took pretty average Broncos teams to Super Bowls, and I think that's a feat in itself. It ain't easy getting to the big game, let alone winning it. I can't fault him for needing someone else to take the load off to help him get over the hump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #35
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

No Walter Jones is pretty disappointing to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2010, 11:44 AM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Why do you think Elway should be over Brady? Elway is one of the most overrated quarterbacks in NFL history. I would take Brady in a hot second over melt down Elway. When he had a great team he won and when he a good team the other qb outplayed him.

Jim Brown also played in the era where hash marks made running the ball more difficult. Jim Brown will be the greatest player because he was the best in his era and was the model of all running backs that came after him.
No other QB in history takes those Bronco teams to multiple Super Bowls. No way Brady does. Elway literally carried those teams on his back to 3 straight SB's. Unfortuntatly for him he met up against two all time teams, and one teqam that got hot.

In 1990 they met a 49'ers team who was among the best ever teams. The Broncos had no chance against that team, and the defense gave up 55 points. In actuality if the Niners wanted to, they could have scored 100 in that game.

In 1987 his defense decided to give up 35 points to Washington in 1 quarter and a RB no one has heard of before or since rushed for a SB record 200+ yards.

The game against the Giants was the only game Denver had a chance in, and even then the Giants front 7 simply dominated the game.

Brady doesn't take those teams to SB's and he certainly doesn't defeat those teams with the personel Denver had at the time.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:45 AM   #37
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
It's hard for me to want to place Elway at the top seeing as he never won a Super Bowl on his own. It took the likes of a once in a generation player like Terrell Davis - who we all know had his meteoric career cut short by injury - to get him those 2 SB victories.
Who ever won a SB on his own?
Old 10-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
It's hard for me to want to place Elway at the top seeing as he never won a Super Bowl on his own. It took the likes of a once in a generation player like Terrell Davis - who we all know had his meteoric career cut short by injury - to get him those 2 SB victories.
Is this the same Bronco team that had had Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, and Clinton Portis run for over 1,000 yds with nearly the same offensive line?

Just checking.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:30 PM   #39
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Just my guess. There seems to be a lot of deference to players pre-modern era, so I could see Hutson being higher and Montana a little lower. I'm thinking this list was thrown together like this to purposefully provoke us. Hell, it wouldn't totally surprise me if they put Jim Brown all the way down to 10.

10. Don Hutson
9. Walter Payton
8. Reggie White
7. Lawrence Taylor
6. Joe Montana
5. Johnny Unitas
4. Peyton Manning
3. Dick Butkus
2. Jerry Rice
1. Jim Brown
I'd actually be shocked if Brown were anything but 1. Only reason he doesn't still have all the records is because he decided to stop playing.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Old 10-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #40
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
No Walter Jones is pretty disappointing to me.
This may be the biggest omission. They've got Odgen on the list, but no Jones? While I agree with Munoz high on the list in the top 15, I certainly think that Walter's talent and career were comperable.

Check out some of his work. I absolutely love this video. Check out the end where he stays on his block and winds up neutralizing half the Carolina defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiIVJwYjbmg

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »