Home

Which coach gets fired first

This is a discussion on Which coach gets fired first within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #17
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Which coach gets fired first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Am I the only one who thinks that Singletary has a great chance to save his job if Troy Smith proves to be the answer at QB?

In fact, I'm not so certain that Singletary should be fired in the first place; he's never had a chance to really get HIS guy at quarterback. We'll see what happens though.
I believe that's a fair assessment. We've seen how far Alex Smith can take the team, and in all honesty, they should have scrapped him a long time ago. All they need is competent QB play that won't put the team in bad positions and A. Smith could never do that.

As for coaches, FIRE WADE (and Garrett at the end of the season)! It's nothing personal about Wade because I think he's a good person and a pretty decent D-Coordinator but at this point you can't bleed a turnip and the Cowboys have completely given up and that's the sign a coaching change needs to be made. Who do you promote, simple: special teams coach Joe DeCamilis. Sure, he has no real experience, but at least the guy has some fire in him and by doing so you also put Garrett on notice in that basically he's gone at the end of the year so either it's time he pad that resume by coaching up lighting a fire to the offense or repair the reputation so he can land a job down the line.

Last edited by elgreazy1; 11-01-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #18
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I believe that's a fair assessment. We've seen how far Alex Smith can take the team, and in all honesty, they should have scrapped him a long time ago. All they need is competent QB play that won't put the team in bad positions and A. Smith could never do that.

As for coaches, FIRE WADE (and Garrett at the end of the season)! It's nothing personal about Wade because I think he's a good person and a pretty decent D-Coordinator but at this point you can't bleed a turnip and the Cowboys have completely given up and that's the sign a coaching change needs to be made. Who do you promote, simple: special teams coach Joe DeCamilis. Sure, he has no real experience, but at least the guy has some fire in him and by doing so you also put Garrett on notice in that basically he's gone at the end of the year so either it's time he pad that resume by coaching up lighting a fire to the offense or repair the reputation so he can land a job down the line.
Only problem is he didn't really inherit Alex Smith, he brought him back and gave him the starting gig. But really, I think if any QB turns the season around at this point he'll be fine. That's easier said than done though. I'd love to see Troy keep growing but he wasn't exactly player of the week. He had a decent game, but pretty similar to what Alex has been doing to this point.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

As much as I hate to say it, but I think Del Rio might be safe after this year. Weaver might make a move if John Gruden, Bill Cowher or Urban Meyer will be willing to take less money to coach the team. Jacksonville has stepped up in selling tickets this year, but it will take one of those 3 coaches to sell tickets next year.

The only way I think Childress saves his job is if Favre gets hurt and Jackson plays lights out rest of the year.

Phillips is gone no matter what. He seems to always have that Mr. Bill look on his face which I find to be quite hilarious.

Eric Mangini, John Fox, Marvin Lewis and possibly Lovie Smith are my picks to be let go as well.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:48 PM   #20
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

I am going to say in this order

Phillips
Mangini
Childress
Del RIO
Old 11-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #21
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
If Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network is to be believed he just said that Childress cut Moss without notifying ANYONE in the front office. It is in his contract to control the full 53 man roster, but if it's true, it's a real middle finger to the organization... and I will put Childress at a solid #1 to be the first coach to go.
How is it a middle finger to the Organization when he has full control of the roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 12:20 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

I don't think Mangini's in any danger of losing his job. The Browns have competed in practically every game this year and appear to be moving in the right direction. Holmgren will continue to build the roster and let Mangini do the coaching.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:12 AM   #23
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
How is it a middle finger to the Organization when he has full control of the roster?
A player of Moss' caliber carries all sorts of ancillary value to a team beyond just the football field and any roster move involving him is seismic. You don't cut a player of that stature a few weeks after the organization took the risk of giving up 3rd round pick for him (in one of the biggest midseason trades in recent memory) and do it without the courtesy of telling anyone else in the front office.

He is absolutely within his rights, but there is no way that a move like that puts him in good standing with ownership. It's as simple as professional courtesy. I'm willing to bet that Bob Kraft had notice that Moss was on his way out even though Belichick pretty much has free reign in New England.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:32 AM   #24
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Brad Childress has to be #1 if none of the guys get fired mid-season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »