Home

Apparently Shanahan runs a fitness clinic...

This is a discussion on Apparently Shanahan runs a fitness clinic... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Apparently Shanahan runs a fitness clinic...

Has anyone entertained the idea that maybe the players arent the problem?

Maybe Albert Haynesworth isnt the crazy one, afterall.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #34
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Mcnabb apparently isn't in shape but yet the team works out Jamarcus Russell, i don't care if Jamarcus was actually good but it defeats his point by trying out someone who is in prolly 2x worse shape
Old 11-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #35
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

did you guys watch the game? what did he deserve for the pick 6 he ALMOST threw for the 2nd straight week? i know it was almost, but he is not taking care of the football. i know, i know, the line sucks, still he can't throw that last pick in crunch time. he also is not making good decisions on a regular basis. they have 3rd and longs a ton, i get that, but if you watch the plays over again, there were half a dozen 3rd and 7's last week, where no less than 2 guys were open underneath and mcnabb airs it out overthrowing everybody on the field by 10 yards. he is the best player for them at the position as it stands now, no doubt, but to say he is playing well enough to deserve not getting benched is just untrue.

now, having said that shanahans reasoning is just nuts. he is lying and it is obvious. say he was benched due to poor execution, that would be truthful and FINE BY ME...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkilla
did you guys watch the game? what did he deserve for the pick 6 he ALMOST threw for the 2nd straight week? i know it was almost, but he is not taking care of the football. i know, i know, the line sucks, still he can't throw that last pick in crunch time. he also is not making good decisions on a regular basis. they have 3rd and longs a ton, i get that, but if you watch the plays over again, there were half a dozen 3rd and 7's last week, where no less than 2 guys were open underneath and mcnabb airs it out overthrowing everybody on the field by 10 yards. he is the best player for them at the position as it stands now, no doubt, but to say he is playing well enough to deserve not getting benched is just untrue.

now, having said that shanahans reasoning is just nuts. he is lying and it is obvious. say he was benched due to poor execution, that would be truthful and FINE BY ME...
+1, watching the skins offense is ugly. I sware they are bi-polar. IDK who will play QB next year... Maybe we draft someone? Who knows at this point...
Old 11-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #37
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Ya'll do know they bring in guys every Tuesday to work guys out right? People are overreacting over nothing just because Russell was there working out and all of a sudden think McNabb's job is in trouble. LOL C'mon now people
Old 11-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #38
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkilla

True. Favre has been doing the same thing all year and no one has really talked about benching Brett for Jax. Why? Despite the fact that Favre and McNabb have played subpar they still are the best options available for their teams. You put Brady/Manning behind that offensive line with that lackluster running game and below average receiving corps (Cooley the exception) I doubt they do much better imo. Whack move by Shannahan made worse by his lame excuses. They need to go get the other Moss if they can (headaches and all) and give that O some more weapons.

If his QB is not prepared to run 2 minute offense then imo that is the coaching staff's fault. What coach decides to start a qb who can't potentially run a 2 minute drill? Do they expect to either blow every team out or get blown out every week? LOL.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 11-02-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #39
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Posted by Mike Florio on November 2, 2010 9:52 PM ET
Before the 2010 season began, Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb bemoaned the treatment he received during 11 seasons in Philadelphia.

McNabb said, basically, that the team didn't do enough to publicly prop him up in the face of criticism from media and fans.

Given the manner in which the Redskins have treated McNabb, as expertly chronicled by Jason Whitlock of FOXSports.com, McNabb should be longing for Philly in the same way Randy Moss was longing for Foxboro.

"Now he can see what it looks like when no one has his back and the coach is more than happy to throw you under the bus with the truth," explained a source with knowledge of the situation when McNabb was in Philadelphia. "Shanahan knew exactly what he was doing and what the consequences would be. I'll bet McNabb longs for the days when he thinks the Eagles didn't defend him."

There were plenty of things the Eagles could have pointed out about McNabb, during his career or after trading him within the division. McNabb struggled in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XXXIX, either due to lack of "cardiovascular endurance" or his inability to master the two-minute offense. He didn't have many come-from-behind wins during his career. He blamed young players for struggles against the Cowboys last year. Those young players fully supported Kevin Kolb.

Through it all, the Eagles' organization has taken the high road. In Washington, Shanahan hasn't, adding insult to injury by first benching McNabb and then telling shifting, inconsistent stories regarding the reasoning for the move.

Whitlock thinks Shanahan is protecting his son, Kyle, the team's offensive coordinator. Regardless, Shanahan isn't protecting McNabb -- and that highlights the fact that the Eagles did much
10 Char.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 32

So, was TO right? hmmmm, he was ran out of town for saying the same thing about McNabb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »