Home

Here to stay? Or fade away?

This is a discussion on Here to stay? Or fade away? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: Here to stay? Or fade away?

-Chiefs are legit. I have predicted every game correct for them (in August) and I don't see why I can't stop now. haha. I had them at 10-6 in August.

-Raiders are not legit. They have to play KC, at PIT, MIA (who's undefeated on the road), at SD, at JAX, DEN, IND, and at KC. I could easily seem them 2-6 from here.

-Jaguars are either way. They have a tough remaining schedule and most of those games could be toss-ups.

-Redskins: I have no idea. Being a Redskins fan, this isn't good.

-Bears are no legit. Cutler + Martz = anything but good.

-Buccaneers are either way. I see them as a .500 team from here on out. That's 9-7.

-Seahawks are legit.

-Rams are legit.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 11-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #10
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
That thread name totally rhymes. You're welcome.

Anyways, the thread is relatively simple. There's a bunch of teams with surprisingly good records, I'll list them, you tell me if you think they're legit or if their hot start is just a 2009 Broncos style aberration.

Kansas City Chiefs (5-2)
Oakland Raiders (4-4)
Jacksonville Jaguars (4-4)
Washington Redskins (4-4)
Chicago Bears (4-3)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-2)
Seattle Seahawks (4-3)
St. Louis Rams (4-4)
Chiefs
Jaguars
Rams
Old 11-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #11
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Jacksonville Jaguars (4-4): They go on the road to NY Giants, Indy, Tennessee and Houston. Homes games vs Houston. They will lose at least 3 of those games. My Prediction: 8-8 or 9-7. Fade away.
I had them at 8-8 and I got laughed out of the NFL Predictions thread.

Oh, and Dayman, no worries. I just knew Jacksonville would stick around .500 rather than being a doormat. Seems I've been right so far...

Yes, I am still a bit bitter about getting laughed out of there with 8-8. Oh well. As long as the defense gels more, and the offense plays well, we've got an outside shot to a winning record, which is all I wanted. Jacksonville won't be consistently good until 2 years from now. Treading water right now is all I want.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #12
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
That thread name totally rhymes. You're welcome.

Anyways, the thread is relatively simple. There's a bunch of teams with surprisingly good records, I'll list them, you tell me if you think they're legit or if their hot start is just a 2009 Broncos style aberration.

Kansas City Chiefs (5-2)
Oakland Raiders (4-4)
Chicago Bears (4-3)
Seattle Seahawks (4-3)
St. Louis Rams (4-4)
Chiefs are legit. They got a great coaching staff an a lot of talent.

The Falcons an Bucs will rain dominant over the NFC South for years to come.

Seattle I personally like, they just need to learn to win on the road.

The Rams are on the way up. They just need to increase the talent level of the team.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:08 AM   #13
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHSLax_D24
-Raiders are not legit. They have to play KC, at PIT, MIA (who's undefeated on the road), at SD, at JAX, DEN, IND, and at KC. I could easily seem them 2-6 from here.

-Seahawks are legit.

-Rams are legit.
I don't know how you can say the Raiders aren't legit and SEA and STL are when OAK beat both of them and just crushed SEA.

Also you point at OAK's schedule, which granted isn't easy on paper, but SEA has to play NYG, @NO, @TB, KC, ATL, @ARI (which is never easy - division rivalry) and STL week 17.

STL has 4 of 5 games on the road after the bye week (@SF, ATL, @DEN, @ARI, @NO) which for a young team could be a back breaker.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 11-03-2010, 07:40 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Wow. Lookee me disagreeing with everyone saying Seattle isn't the real deal. Call me Judas, I'll be here all week...

Jokes aside, I don't see the 'Hawks cutting it. The first team is, when healthy, actually quite threatening, it's pretty balanced with an emphasis on DL run stuffing. But the operative word is 'healthy first team'. Injuries are picking up (the worst ones caused by 'Hawks players landing on each other) and the team doesn't have quality in depth to cover them.

As for the Rams, I rate them over Seattle. But Rangerrick’s right; tough schedule plus young team equals a hard year. Huge potential, though.

I think Kansas City are legit, they’re playing really well as a team. Plus they have Jamaal Charles. And hard to knock the Buccaneers either, they believe they can’t lose when they’re down in the 4th quarter. This season’s proving them right. Also rate the ‘Skins and the Raiders.

But no to Bears and Jaguars.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #15
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Being a Bucs fan, I honestly don't really care if they're legit this year. Unless it's by some miracle, they aren't winning the Super Bowl. This season is just a sign of the future with Freeman at the helm and Mike Williams and LaGarrette Blount at his side. I haven't been this excited about a Bucs team since the Super Bowl back in 2003
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 09:19 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Kansas City Chiefs (5-2)
I think it be pretty hard for them to collapse at this point. They have defense, they have a running game, they have a capable QB. It's not like the Chargers are nipping at their heels right now.

Quote:
Oakland Raiders (4-4)
No. Don't buy them. It boils down to the scientific conclusion of: It's the Raiders. Think people are getting a little ahead of themselves over their running game. Two games in a row they've run all over their opponents. What's that mean? Teams are going to start gameplanning on that now. And then who's going to beat you? Jason Campbell? Gradkowski? Not in my opinion.

Quote:
No. The Colts/Titans/Texans can all play and all look superior to them. I don't think they're good enough on either side of the ball to compete with these three teams for the division, or WC.

Quote:
No. They suck on both sides of the ball, I'm still surprised that they have 4 wins, as even when they win it's really ugly. Their offense completely lacks a homerun threat.

Quote:
Chicago Bears (4-3)
In a division that was far worse than anyone predicted, I think there's still a puncher's chance. But even if they went to the playoffs, I don't think they're a good team at all. I think they have many problems, and I didn't buy them at all this season, or last. Cutler's a turnover machine, their line is putrid. Their D is intense, but not elite. You just can't win with a QB who turns it over multiple times EVERY game.

Quote:
I'm going to say yes, because I love their character. Raheem is a high character guy, Freeman is a high character guy, they're both leaders. Their offense/defense aren't statistically good, no. But what they do is keep games close. They find ways to win at the end, and they do just that. Freeman with the game on the line has become a very dangerous threat, if anybody's noticed. I can see the Falcons fading a little, but the Saints might come on strong after the Steelers win, they looked like a newly motivated team. Either way, make the playoffs or not, I buy that this team's turnaround is here to stay. They're WORLDS better than they were last year.

Quote:
Seattle Seahawks (4-3)
Think they might be a little more well-rounded than the Rams, which is why I'd buy them to win the division. The Niners are a mess. The Cardinals are a mess. Hawks seem to be a team that can beat you in a number of ways.

Quote:
St. Louis Rams (4-4)
Buying the turnaround, not so sure about playoffs. For this team to be sitting at 4 wins right now, that's a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »