Home

Here to stay? Or fade away?

This is a discussion on Here to stay? Or fade away? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Here to stay? Or fade away?

That thread name totally rhymes. You're welcome.

Anyways, the thread is relatively simple. There's a bunch of teams with surprisingly good records, I'll list them, you tell me if you think they're legit or if their hot start is just a 2009 Broncos style aberration.

Kansas City Chiefs (5-2)
Oakland Raiders (4-4)
Jacksonville Jaguars (4-4)
Washington Redskins (4-4)
Chicago Bears (4-3)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-2)
Seattle Seahawks (4-3)
St. Louis Rams (4-4)

My predictions:
Spoiler

Depending on your expectations Jacksonville and Washington might not be all that surprising, but I put them on the list anyways.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Here to stay? Or fade away?

Here to stay:
Chiefs
Raiders
Rams

I only did this list in a way in which I think teams will continue to be competitive this season, there are teams that I did not list but have bright futures
Old 11-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Personally, Detroit's record is legit. I mean we're on par with last season (Which isn't hard but hey, we still have winnable games ahead). We could very well be 4-4, as most of our games have been very close. I know at the end of the day it's the record that counts, but so far we've played good, tough football. Same goes for Kansas, St. Louis, Oakland, and the Tampa. Being a fan of a team who's been at the bottom for a while, I'm quite happy to see some of last years (And the years before) bad teams doing well.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Kansas City Chiefs (5-2): Will win both gms vs denver, @ seattle, vs ARZ, vs St. Lous and split with Oakland. That would put them at 11-5. My prediction: AFC west champs, Here to stay

Oakland Raiders (4-4): They still play Pitt, Miami, San Diego, Indy and KC twice. They will lose 5 out of those 6 gms putting them at best 7-9. My Prediction: Fade away

Jacksonville Jaguars (4-4): They go on the road to NY Giants, Indy, Tennessee and Houston. Homes games vs Houston. They will lose at least 3 of those games. My Prediction: 8-8 or 9-7. Fade away.

Washington Redskins (4-4): Have to play Philly, Tenn, Minny,the Giants x2, and they are trying out Jamarcus Russell for qb. My prediction: 7-9 or at best 8-8. Fade away.

Chicago Bears (4-3): Miami, Philly, NY Jets, Patriots, Minny x 2 and @ Green Bay. They will win maybe 3 of those games. That said, the best they can do is 9-7. Fade away.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-2): These guys are 5-2. but are -27 in point differential, so its smoke and mirrors imo. Gms vs Balt, @NO and ATL x 2 will bring this team back to reality. My Prediction: 7-9. Better than I expected at beginning of season, but still Fade away.

Seattle Seahawks (4-3): Weak division and fairly soft remaining schedule will keep this team here to stay. My prediction: 9-7. Whether or not they beat the Rams at home week 17 could decide the division.

St. Louis Rams (4-4): Another weak division and soft schedule. See my prediction for Seattle. The playoffs start week 17 for the NFC west. My prediction: 9-7, but a loss @ quest field keeps them out of the playoffs.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Chiefs have a very easy line up of teams ahead compared to some others. So I would say 10-6, 11-5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #6
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
Personally, Detroit's record is legit. I mean we're on par with last season (Which isn't hard but hey, we still have winnable games ahead). We could very well be 4-4, as most of our games have been very close. I know at the end of the day it's the record that counts, but so far we've played good, tough football. Same goes for Kansas, St. Louis, Oakland, and the Tampa. Being a fan of a team who's been at the bottom for a while, I'm quite happy to see some of last years (And the years before) bad teams doing well.
Lions had some bad breaks. Should've beaten Chicago, could've beaten Minnesota and Philly and probably would've beaten Green Bay if they got 1 stop on the Packers last drive. That team is more legit than alot of the others listed here.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

KC
Rams
Bucs

Oakland may flatline but I don't see them falling completely to pieces. Chicago is going to lose to Buffalo so based on that alone they're going to fade away. Washington is going to have a spectacular meltdown of biblical proportions. (I would've used the E word)

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Jags won't be in here to stay mode until at least this next offseason. If they can get another Kampman type player in FA (at either C, OG, S, ILB, OLB, or CB) they can hopefully fill the other holes in the draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »