Home

The 'Skins work out....(gasp)... Jamarcus Russell?

This is a discussion on The 'Skins work out....(gasp)... Jamarcus Russell? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #17
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The 'Skins work out....(gasp)... Jamarcus Russell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
do you mean he weighs as much as the two backups
both......
Old 11-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I can't believe this is such a big deal. Tell me a team that doesn't work out 10+ players every week? The JR happened to be at this camp coincidentally after the whole McNabb benching. If you think the Skins are seriously considering JR, then you have to believe they are seriously considering the other 19 players as well.

― Plato
Old 11-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #19
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

PR move to say "We like _____ QBs". Since the benching of McNabb has created a "Divide" in the DC area.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 17

Man, that's embarrassing again for McNabb. It's only a workout and everything, but benching him for Grossman, then bringing in the worst QB ever, having to be well aware that the media will pick that up, it seems like they're trying to screw with Donovan.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #21
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15

Shanahan is screwed because of his own actions. first, he makes a big mess with haynesworth. haynesworth miss about an extra week because he was "unfit" during early training camp. he even called it mandatory and that everyone passed it easily. so how did mcnabb, the guy who has been with you all this time not fit to run a simple two minute offense? i play football at the high school level, linemen, both offense and defense and defense is a lot harder. A QB doesn't waist a lot of energy when running it, believe me. the time it takes him to get the play in,set his formation, everyone has already got their breath back. and to the fact that nfl teams bring 20 people on tuesdays to workout for them is true but they are usually non skill position(offensive line, fullbacks) or positions that are in abundance(WR,DB,OL,DL,LB). QB's rarely get these kind of workouts unless the team is really interested or see potential in him on their practice squad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #22
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesleypro
So how did mcnabb, the guy who has been with you all this time not fit to run a simple two minute offense? i play football at the high school level, linemen, both offense and defense and defense is a lot harder. A QB doesn't waist a lot of energy when running it, believe me.
I firmly believe that it has to do w/ Kyle Shanahan, and that dad is trying his best to dissuade a media reported conflict between O Coord/QB by making up this story of conditioning. Plus, Donovan is so media savvy, that he knows not to bring any conflict like that to the attention of the media, and thus is in-between a rock and a hard place and may have to just deal w/ the "unconditioned tag" laid before him. Think about it: McNabb can leave DC at the end of the year, and find work elsewhere. If it gets out that he and O Coord. Shannahan didn't get along it could jeopardize his future earnings. McNabb has advisors and the sort that have probably told him to stand pat, and just deal w/ what has been created in a professional no-finger-pointing manner.

In addition, having watched skins games this year, Kyle Shannahan and McNabb don't seem to have much of a rapport.

I also think there may be a bit of a power struggle too. Shannahan, having worked predominantly w/ Matt Schaub, was probably more apt/open to receiving "tutelage" if you will; since Schaub had never been a starter elsewhere. I think they are both maybe the same age too, or close...which aides in this dynamic.

Whereas McNabb/Shannahan...Donovan comes from a winning pedigree, and has established himself in the league. He knows what works, and I'm not saying he doesn't or isn't open to constructive criticism or whatever you want to call it but I think McNabb might be predisposed to purging some things from memory since he's older and more experienced than the O Coord. There's only about a 3yr age difference, but in football years that has to be scaled.

Last edited by JBH3; 11-07-2010 at 08:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »