Home

Wade Phillips Fired

This is a discussion on Wade Phillips Fired within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Wade Phillips Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Probably the humane thing to do, if anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
Come on dude, I'm not saying voices in my head told me or whatever
lmao

The Packers game was the the last straw. I knew it was coming after that article on ESPN about Jerry Jones saying "people will suffer".

I bet Jones cleans house, and lets the new coach create pick the entire staff... Obviously one of the biggest names available will get the job: Fox, Gruden, Cower, etc.

Peace out Wade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
Why couldn't he wait till after next week. I wanted the Giants to put some more hurt on the Cowboys with Wade at the helm.
At this point beating the Cowboys isn't even anything to get excited about... these have been some pretty boring games. Now atleast the games have some sort of intrigue to them coming in.

As fun as it is to stomp on the Cowboys graves, I don't think anyone, friend or foe would want to see a team this below playing level.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
Jerry isn't a liar at all. The Cowboys have a lot of media attention on them as it is, you think Jerry saying "Oh Yeah.. We're going to fire him sooner or later" in Week 4 or whatever is going to make things better? Avoid controversy as much as possible.
I know this. I said it jokingly. I knew every time he kept saying Wade was safe for this season that he was BSing, assuming things kept going the way they were.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiggio
At this point beating the Cowboys isn't even anything to get excited about... these have been some pretty boring games. Now atleast the games have some sort of intrigue to them coming in.

As fun as it is to stomp on the Cowboys graves, I don't think anyone, friend or foe would want to see a team this below playing level.
As a Redskins fan, I wouldn't mind. For once I would like for them to blow a team out. Other than against Oakland last season, Redskins have beaten teams by a large margin about 4 times since 2005, including 35-7 win against Bill Parcells Cowboys.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #45
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbiggio

Yup.

I enjoyed last year's 17-7 win over Dallas more than I did this one and where I live at(probably the highest Cowboy Fan population outside of Texas)I would've loved nothing more than to embarrass them like that just to shut every Cowboy Fan the **** up here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Yup.

I enjoyed last year's 17-7 win over Dallas more than I did this one and where I live at(probably the highest Cowboy Fan population outside of Texas)I would've loved nothing more than to embarrass them like that just to shut every Cowboy Fan the **** up here.
Exactly.

I hated the Packers going down to open hole roof staduim all the time in the 90's and flat out losing. Payback has been nice lately with the Cowboys visiting Lambeau more often.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #47
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

If I were a Cowboys fan, I'd be all for Wade's firing. Now maybe Jerry Jones will see what a horrible OC Jason Garrett is now that he's running the entire show and get rid of him at the end of the year.

If Wade was kept all year, I wouldn't have been surprised if Jerry promoted Jason Garrett heading into the 2011 season.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #48
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Given the uncertainty around the collective bargaining situation, I'm not sure if I would be surprised if Garrett was retained into the 2011 season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »