Home

Week 10 SNF: Patriots @ Steelers

This is a discussion on Week 10 SNF: Patriots @ Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31
Week 10 SNF: Patriots @ Steelers

The final of three consecutive Steeler games on prime time (thank God) is this Sunday night at Heinz Field.

I think this could get ugly. After the beatdown we were given in Cleveland, I could expect more of the same. Pittsburgh has one incredibly tough D.

I hope I'm wrong though.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Week 10 SNF: Patriots @ Steelers

With Max Starks out now it could change how the steelers play if the Pats can get pressure and keep the ball in front of them it could be a good game. But I'm sure the Steelers will be looking to run the ball down the throats of the Pats, The defense for the steelers is the wildcard they have been pretty much consistent , even though the Bengals almost comes back. Palmer isn't that good, If Brady gets his recievers in good position and don't throw into triple and double coverage like Palmer did he could pick that secondary apart. But it will be an up hill battle for the Pats if they can't stop that running game.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Oddly enough, I'm glad this is the last of 3 prime time Steeler games as well. I much prefer the 1pm Sunday start. The games end too late on Sunday/Monday night with work the next morning. If I didn't get up so early, I wouldn't care.

I see a Patriots win and I don't think it's going to be that close.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

I know what you mean mjb. The Bears played a Monday night game followed by a Sunday night one and it sucked. I was so tired.

This seems like a pick em game. Hope its a good game. The Patriots will be ready for this game.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 17

Pouncey vs. Wilfork will be interesting. I really hope the national media starts taking more notice of Pouncey, they said some good things about him on MNF and it needs to continue, because this kid has been a monster for this team. He doesn't get penalties, and he's been a HUGE factor in bringing the running game back to Pittsburgh.

Starks being out is a killer. I hate this situation. Is Starks an elite LT? No. But when you consider that this guy was basically a bench player a few seasons back, and he gradually worked his way up and has been a consistent factor in shutting down some of the best ROLB'ers in the game over the past few seasons, you have to really give credit to our coaching staff, and Starks himself. The guy is a good LT. And considering how bad our alternatives to him are, he's going to be really missed. Just ask Ben Roethlisberger.

The way Cleveland pounded the ball with Hillis gives me hope for this game. Mendenhall is a better RB than Hillis. And our line is capable enough of giving him holes. Only problem is, will our passing game open that up for him? I don't want to see the same inconsistencies from them. This would be a good game to pull everything together.

Pats are always scary coming off a loss like the one to Cleveland, though. Hard to bet against them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Pats are always scary coming off a loss like the one to Cleveland, though. Hard to bet against them.
Plus it's a short week for the Steelers in a game they didn't come out of very healthy. Injury list from Monday Night's game:

Will Allen - Concussion
Isaac Redman - Concussion
Mewelde Moore - Concussion
Max Starks - Neck (likely out for season and we all know how important a Left Tackle is)
Maurkice Pouncey - Leg (needed injection to finish game)
Chris Kemoeatu - Sprained right knee

All backup RB's are down. If they can't pass their concussion test, Dwyer will have to suit up and be Mendenhall's backup. Dwyer hasn't dressed all year.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:44 AM   #7
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Whew! Big game. Two perennial playoff contenders around the top of the conference yet again.

With the Pats losing last week, and not only losing, but getting pretty beat down by the Browns, I see them getting after it and winning this week. Combine that with all the Steelers injuries on a short week, and I see a 10 point win for the Patriots. Should be a good one!

I noticed that the Eagles play like 4 out of 5 weeks on primetime (SNF, MNF) too. Pennsylvania certainly is a sports hotbed right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Pretty sure the Patriots will lose, probably on a missed last second field goal by Shayne Graham, which then forces Belichick to cut Graham and say Welker will be the kicker for the rest of the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »