Home

Week 10 Vikings at Bears

This is a discussion on Week 10 Vikings at Bears within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #57
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Week 10 Vikings at Bears

Whatever keeps the mystique of the 'Ole Gunslinger' alive I guess. It's truly sickening how this guy gets excuse after excuse made for him for all his screwups that other people would be getting absolutely trashed for simply because he won ONE Super Bowl about 15 years ago and really wasn't even the reason they won it. No offense Pack.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #58
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Whatever keeps the mystique of the 'Ole Gunslinger' alive I guess. It's truly sickening how this guy gets excuse after excuse made for him for all his screwups that other people would be getting absolutely trashed for simply because he won ONE Super Bowl about 15 years ago and really wasn't even the reason they won it. No offense Pack.
I hate the soap opera as much as the next guy but the guy's a HOFer, even if he didn't have any rings. I agree with everything you and PPM are saying about this BS, but he's not hyped bc of the ring.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #59
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I hate the soap opera as much as the next guy but the guy's a HOFer, even if he didn't have any rings. I agree with everything you and PPM are saying about this BS, but he's not hyped bc of the ring.
I think you're right kinda because he is a HOFer, but I think the pass he gets is because of that ring. Moss is a HOFer without a ring and everything he does he gets killed for. Would it happen even with a ring? Probably but not to the same extent it does now. If the Bears had won Super Bowl 41 and Peyton was still ringless he'd be getting ripped too. I think the biggest reason for Favre's constant pass is because of that ring.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #60
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I think you're right kinda because he is a HOFer, but I think the pass he gets is because of that ring. Moss is a HOFer without a ring and everything he does he gets killed for. Would it happen even with a ring? Probably but not to the same extent it does now. If the Bears had won Super Bowl 41 and Peyton was still ringless he'd be getting ripped too. I think the biggest reason for Favre's constant pass is because of that ring.
Moss is a WR... big difference right there. Moss also got drafted later than his talent showed bc of character issues and he's continued to have character issues throughout his career. I don't think Moss deserves most of the negative treatment he gets, but he put it on himself. Favre was a feel good story... the true ugly colors of himcoming out over the last 5 years or so can't overshadow his entire career. And Peyton was criticized for not having a ring, but that's it. He's in debates about being the best QB ever so bringing up rings makes sense. Nobody questions his talent outside of that, and if he slows down in the later years there will be plenty of excuses flying (or ignoring it to instead praise what he did in the past).
Old 11-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #61
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Favre doesn't get a pass because of that ring. If he was still in GB doing all of this nonsense then yea most people would say that he is getting one because "he put Green Bay on the map"(which would be what everyone would be saying)but he gets a pass from everyone because "he's out looking like a kid on Christmas morning".

If he had just retired the first time, nobody would really have any issues with him like they do now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #62
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
Don't listen to the commentary. The last pick was certainly Brett's fault. Shiancoe fell down because he was trying to get back to the pass that was thrown way behind him. Brett didn't lead him at all.
This is absolutely correct... the main reason I find myself rooting against any team or person is b/c of the (favorable) media pass the rec'v regardless of how bad they hurt the team... #4 gets the most... but like last week he was a GOD... remember...??!?!

He throws up a lot of garbage... I'd say 60% gets completed... that's a testament to the WR's... but #4 gets the props... I'm not saying he shouldn't get it... but the fact remains Brett throws up a lot of trash...

I don't know any1 would've thought that a great season can be repeated in the NFL... it just don't happen that often... I think the reason that #4 don't get the heat others do is b/c he's a institution... Also after looking at his postgame press conf... he looked like the kid that just broke the neighbors window with a baseball.... Now how can any1 be mad at that...?!?!?

Old 11-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #63
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Vikings have to win out now for any chance of making the playoffs. Anyone think there is a chance Brett is benched for T. Jack like Henne was for Pennington?
Old 11-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Vikings have to win out now for any chance of making the playoffs. Anyone think there is a chance Brett is benched for T. Jack like Henne was for Pennington?
No, that won't happen. But I am hoping Brad is gone soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »