Home

Vince Young to Undergo Season-ending Surgery

This is a discussion on Vince Young to Undergo Season-ending Surgery within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #73
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Vince Young to Undergo Season-ending Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
If I was an NFL coach, Id pick up Young and be like "Yes, I am your daddy, I love you". Now go score some TD's.
I think Phil Jackson is the most overrated coach of all time ,but his strength is dealing with players personalities. To me as a coach this is why you make millions. Sure football isnt basketball do to the number of players ,but this is your starting QB if you dont make sure any other player is right mentally you would think it would be him. Some coaches ego's are crazy. I understand the coach being firm ,but a lot of these coaches are plain stubborn. Your career rest in their hands.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #74
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
If I was an NFL coach, Id pick up Young and be like "Yes, I am your daddy, I love you". Now go score some TD's. In all seriousness, and after having a week to digest this, I think I can safely say VY is to blame for this situation, but the media is to blame for how big it is. I am certain guys fight with their coach and get into little squables all the time and we dont hear about it. Reading something like ESPN.com and what Kuharsky has to say, it feels like VY egged Kuharsky's house or something cause dude hates him.

I think if you look at VY with a little insight man, it might be easier to see what he is. Everyone is different. Sure, your in the NFL, your a QB, your supposed to be "the man", yada yada yada. Some people just aint built that way. The way he sees things is different than other people. Dude has been done wrong his whole life, from being abused as a kid, to neglected,etc. Just because dude signs a multi million dollar contract doesnt = "all his problems are gone and he can just shut his mouth and score td's". When VY goes to bed at night, we dont know, he might literally be thinking "man everyone hates me, the media is writing these things, noone cares about me,etc".

During that game against Washington, VY had about an hour do convince himself he dont give a crap anymore. It probably would have taken Fisher to come over and say "Vince they told me you cant go, I dont want to risk it, I need you for next week". Instead Fisher did what he was supposed to do and just take the trainers word and worry about the team and not VY. VY sat there watching interceptions and stewing thinking "this guy aint even check on me" Basically VY convinced himself he was "benched" because Fisher just went with the rookie. Even though the rest of the world can say "Vince, thats crazy, you had a torn ligament". After the game, VY snapped off after getting himself riled up and was convinced that what happened to him was worthy of this reaction. This is what happens when he doesnt have someone to help him gain perspective.

Im not saying this is 100% how it went down, Im assuming alot, so dont bite my head off. Its easy to stand here and say VY is a whining little baby, etc etc. If you try and gain insight into the dude, you might see that his leadership has failed him as well. Remember, good leadership can lead everyone, not just the guys that do what they are told every second of the day. I tthink if Fisher really tried he could have had a loyal follower in VY, but he wasnt willing to be the guy VY needed him to be. Is it bad? no, but hes also going to be the guy looking for a franchise QB here shortly while the dude that is willing to be the guy VY needs him to be lands himself a franchise QB.
I think Fisher is at least partially to blame here, he's made this thing become bigger and bigger by making everything public instead of keeping things 'in house' like most coaches do. Vince threw himself under the bus, but Fish has had no problem backing the bus over him, if you catch my drift.

As a coach how the hell do you not go talk to your injured QB and see from him personally whether he can go or not? It's baffling, and Fish is not taking nearly enough flak for the way this thing has disintegrated in the past few days.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 11-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #75
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
I think Fisher is at least partially to blame here, he's made this thing become bigger and bigger by making everything public instead of keeping things 'in house' like most coaches do. Vince threw himself under the bus, but Fish has had no problem backing the bus over him, if you catch my drift.

As a coach how the hell do you not go talk to your injured QB and see from him personally whether he can go or not? It's baffling, and Fish is not taking nearly enough flak for the way this thing has disintegrated in the past few days.
If Vince thought he could play, he would of told Fisher and said "coach I can play". Obviously he couldn't throw the ball with any accuracy, which is why he never said anything to Fisher. I don't think Fisher is going to put a QB in that has no confidence in throwing the ball and can hardly even throw the ball. With that being said, I agree with you about Fisher backing the bus on Young. Fisher wants him out of there.

Last edited by Evan_OS; 11-25-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #76
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

It's tough to know what goes on in a NFL locker room/meeting room, but if a team is telling it's not only it's franchise QB who they've invested a ton in, but a pretty good, successful player, to go home than VY must've done ALOT more than what we know.

That said, if Carolina had a 3rd round pick to give, I would trade it for Young in a heartbeat. The guy has obviously been just too much for the coaching staff and team there.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 11-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #77

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
It's tough to know what goes on in a NFL locker room/meeting room, but if a team is telling it's not only it's franchise QB who they've invested a ton in, but a pretty good, successful player, to go home than VY must've done ALOT more than what we know.

That said, if Carolina had a 3rd round pick to give, I would trade it for Young in a heartbeat. The guy has obviously been just too much for the coaching staff and team there.
Yeah he can back up Andrew Luck or someone.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:00 AM   #78
Go Titans..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
Yeah he can back up Andrew Luck or someone.
I'm pretty sure that if he was on the same team as Andrew Luck, Young would be starting over him.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:05 AM   #79

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
I'm pretty sure that if he was on the same team as Andrew Luck, Young would be starting over him.
Jake Locker?

Edit: Point is Carolina will more than likely be drafting a QB high in the 2011 draft. If Vince was to come in he would probably be backing up whoever unless they felt the draft pick wasn't ready.

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 11-26-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:10 AM   #80
Go Titans..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
Jake Locker?
Any first round pick. I'd put Young over any 1st round pick, Young has proven himself more to at least be able to play some solid ball in the NFL rather than an NFL rookie who has never taken a snap. I'd play Young until Locker or whoever was "ready", if you catch my drift.

That's just what makes sense to me though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »