Home

Rivers or Vick: Who is Playing at a Higher Level?

This is a discussion on Rivers or Vick: Who is Playing at a Higher Level? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #49
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Rivers or Vick: Who is Playing at a Higher Level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATESopenRIVERSflow
Rivers

And no, I am not biased one bit.
Thats kind of hard to believe with his name in your tag name.

But I think right now these two are the front runners.

SD vs IND is going to be huge. I think the loser could miss the playoffs. Especially the Chargers.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 11-23-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 32

I am bias for Vick but Rivers is playing at a higher level.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
For the Chargers I'd take Rivers I don't think anyone pushes the ball down the field as well as Rivers, which is the staple of this offense.

Both have been lights out. Only knock on Vick for me has been durability.

Rivers is the better down field thrower and Vick is the more dynamic player. Take your pick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2010, 03:50 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
For the Chargers I'd take Rivers I don't think anyone pushes the ball down the field as well as Rivers, which is the staple of this offense.

Both have been lights out. Only knock on Vick for me has been durability.

Rivers is the better down field thrower and Vick is the more dynamic player. Take your pick.
How do you feel about Norv as a coach and his impact on Rivers?
Old 11-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #53
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
How do you feel about Norv as a coach and his impact on Rivers?
I think he's a great qb mentor a great coordinator and maybe the best game day playcaller in the league. As a head coach he leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman5607
Rivers is on pace to complete 65% of his passes, 38 TD passes, and break Marino's record. Say he comes up short and passes for 35 TDs and 4900 yards and they win the division. He's still not playing better?

Somebody noted earlier that vick only played in 5 full games this season. Well in those 5 games he has 1608 pass yards on 191 att 11 td's 0 ints. 375 rushing yards on 55 att 5 more td's. That's 1983 yards 16 td's and 0 ints in 5 games (ill give u 6 since he played a couple qtrs against Gb and a piece of qtr against the skins 1st time around)

Now since u like projecting rivers stats and bragging about what he is on pace to do, why don't u project those stats and tell us what vick stats would be say he played all 10 games like rivers or what he would be on pace to do if he played 16 games like rivers probably will.

Now that's to take nothing away from rivers cause he is playing swell. It's just to shed some light on vick cause it seems yall don't really realize his value especially when yall think its no contest between him and rivers....that's crazy

I'm go say rivers is mvp out the two as of right now because vick has missed time but if I had to choose between the two, vick is my qb. He can do everything rivers is doing considering if he threw the ball 50+ times a game twice and 40+ a couple more games plus he can get u yards on the ground.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #55
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir lucious lft ft
Somebody noted earlier that vick only played in 5 full games this season. Well in those 5 games he has 1608 pass yards on 191 att 11 td's 0 ints. 375 rushing yards on 55 att 5 more td's. That's 1983 yards 16 td's and 0 ints in 5 games (ill give u 6 since he played a couple qtrs against Gb and a piece of qtr against the skins 1st time around)

Now since u like projecting rivers stats and bragging about what he is on pace to do, why don't u project those stats and tell us what vick stats would be say he played all 10 games like rivers or what he would be on pace to do if he played 16 games like rivers probably will.

Now that's to take nothing away from rivers cause he is playing swell. It's just to shed some light on vick cause it seems yall don't really realize his value especially when yall think its no contest between him and rivers....that's crazy

I'm go say rivers is mvp out the two as of right now because vick has missed time but if I had to choose between the two, vick is my qb. He can do everything rivers is doing considering if he threw the ball 50+ times a game twice and 40+ a couple more games plus he can get u yards on the ground.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Vick is not the passer Rivers is. Particularly throwing the intermediate and deep balls with accuracy. I don't even think that's debatable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #56

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
If I'm not mistaking last nite game put him behind Marino and Brees pace.
If I'm not mistaken he's only short of pace on Marino's yard record by only 1 yard even with a less than stellar game yesterday yards wise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »