Home

Rivers or Vick: Who is Playing at a Higher Level?

This is a discussion on Rivers or Vick: Who is Playing at a Higher Level? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #65
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Rivers or Vick: Who is Playing at a Higher Level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I think if you stack everything up right now Vick has the edge. I'm a big Rivers fan...think the Chargers got the better deal of that Eli situation.

About the "coulda been" INTs...they're just that fellas.

Right now I just have to give Vick the edge.
Absolutely about the picks, but my point was that he doesn't have a 0 because he hasn't put the ball in harms way...there is some luck involved to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #66
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Vick may be the best deep ball passer in the league. Many coaches have raved about Vick's deep passing ability so that area is very debatable.
What coach has said Vick is the best deep ball passer in the league. Arm strength does not equal deep ball passing ability.

He's been very good this year, but I am not sure where you are getting that.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #67
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Vick may be the best deep ball passer in the league. Many coaches have raved about Vick's deep passing ability so that area is very debatable.
To be fair, I did just look at the splits. He has been very good in the deep passing game. Intermediate passing game seems to be where he's been less consistent. But still not bad, just not as consistent.

Still I don't think it's debatable, no one pushes the ball down the field like Rivers or does it more often.

Gotta give Vick credit, he's really turned his game around, but I don't think there's anyway you could say he's the pure passer Rivers is. Of course he's a much more dynamic player so it evens out. I think Rivers is better throwing the ball while the pocket is cluttered, but Vick obviously has completely different level of escapability that Rivers simply isn't capable of having.

I wonder how many NFL GM's would take Vick over Rivers or vice-versa.

Like I said my only concern with Vick is his durability. Rivers hasn't missed a meaningful snap. I hope Vick learns to protect himself better without sacrificing his ability to make plays when the play breaks down. That's a lesson the Steve Young eventually had to learn.

Still if I had my choice and I am running the Norv Turner offense I take Rivers any day of the week. He simply was made to run that offense. But if I am a GM, I take either guy, if we are assuming Vick will continue to play at this level, which I believe he will. I think the lightbulb has finally turned on for him.

He was a mediocre QB in Atlanta at best, now he's truly a QB.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I think he's a great qb mentor a great coordinator and maybe the best game day playcaller in the league. As a head coach he leaves a lot to be desired.
I agree but why don't you like him as a head coach?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #69
Banned

I always felt Vick was better throwing the ball down field than dink and dunk. The Eagles take shots down the field and that plays into Vick strengths.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #70
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I agree but why don't you like him as a head coach?
I just don't believe the team is ready to play on certain occasions. The whole early season slump, they come out and look totally unprepared to play. I think some of his game day management decisions are questionable and have cost them.

As an offensive coord/play caller/QB mentor, I wouldn't want anyone else. As the leader of the football team and game manager, there are several others I'd rather have.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #71
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I always felt Vick was better throwing the ball down field than dink and dunk. The Eagles take shots down the field and that plays into Vick strengths.
Having Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin to throw to down the field sure doesn't hurt. Those guys fit with Vick so damn well. With Vick and those WR's the Eagles are a fun team to watch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I just don't believe the team is ready to play on certain occasions. The whole early season slump, they come out and look totally unprepared to play. I think some of his game day management decisions are questionable and have cost them.

As an offensive coord/play caller/QB mentor, I wouldn't want anyone else. As the leader of the football team and game manager, there are several others I'd rather have.
Why do you think the Chargers start off so slow under Turner?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »