Home

Pro Football Hall of Fame - Class of 2011

This is a discussion on Pro Football Hall of Fame - Class of 2011 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #41
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Pro Football Hall of Fame - Class of 2011

Let me clarify. I agree the Sabols have been amazing with their NFL Films collection, it really allows fans like myself who didn't get to see the greats of the 60's and 70's to see them. But I don't think owners, contributors, etc should take up a spot that another player could occupy. And I don't know if they even do. That's why I said in a down year. Sabol's NFL Films productions are definitely deserving of enshrinement, but not over some of the players listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Let me clarify. I agree the Sabols have been amazing with their NFL Films collection, it really allows fans like myself who didn't get to see the greats of the 60's and 70's to see them. But I don't think owners, contributors, etc should take up a spot that another player could occupy. And I don't know if they even do. That's why I said in a down year. Sabol's NFL Films productions are definitely deserving of enshrinement, but not over some of the players listed.
i agree, i think the sabols should be in, but not over some of these guys that i think should have been in a while ago.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

I agree with 15thunter about Bettis. I don't think he ever gets in unless it's a year where there really isn't a lot of great players that are locks to be in. I always thought he was a good player, but he was never a HOF player.

Warner on the other hand I think should get in once he's eligible. I don't get why there's such an argument over him when he's brought up for the HOF. Yes, he had those terrible years in NY, but you can't deny what he did with the Cards and Rams. 2 franchises that were basically irrelevant before then.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #44
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I thought Roger Craig was already in.
Wow he never missed the playoffs. I didn't know that. Well I hope he gets in. 49er bias or whatever but I still think he deserves it. Combined rushing and reciving 13,100 yards and 154 TDs. Plus 135 yards,3 TDs in Super Bowl XIX and 175 yards total in Super Bowl XXIII though no TDs.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I agree with 15thunter about Bettis. I don't think he ever gets in unless it's a year where there really isn't a lot of great players that are locks to be in. I always thought he was a good player, but he was never a HOF player.

Warner on the other hand I think should get in once he's eligible. I don't get why there's such an argument over him when he's brought up for the HOF. Yes, he had those terrible years in NY, but you can't deny what he did with the Cards and Rams. 2 franchises that were basically irrelevant before then.
i agree that warner should be in, and to me, there's not a sound argument against it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #46
MVP

pennstlbu's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The15thunter
cortez kennedy - tough case, i think he might get in down the road, but i don't feel he has to get in, since his impact isn't that noteworthy.
His impact isn't noteworthy because he played for some AWFUL Seahawks teams in the 90's and the fact he was a DT. Had he played for the Niners, Cowboys or Steelers he'd be in already. Don't hold it against him that he played in "Southern Alaska."

8 time Pro Bowler
3 Times All-Pro
1992 Defensive Player of the Year (On a 2-14 team!)
58 Career Sacks
14 Sacks in 1992

He should be in the HOF sooner than later.

Last edited by pennstlbu; 12-01-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #47
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennstlbu
His impact isn't noteworthy because he played for some AWFUL Seahawks teams in the 90's and the fact he was a DT. Had he played for the Niners, Cowboys or Steelers he'd be in already. Don't hold it against him that he played in "Southern Alaska."

8 time Pro Bowler
3 Times All-Pro
1992 Defensive Player of the Year (On a 2-14 team!)
58 Career Sacks
14 Sacks in 1992

He should be in the HOF sooner than later.
He was also NFL All-Decade 1st team for the 1990s...

Yeah Tez will get in eventually. He was just too good of a player. Those 14 sacks in '92 came when the Seahawks faced the fewest pass attempts in the league, because they were so far behind in most games that teams ran the ball more against them.

The dude was just explosive, basically a DE in a DT's body.

Some video evidence, with the second half showing another Seahawk great, Jacob Green:

Just domination baby...

Man the Seahawks could use that now... Both Tez and Green.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #48
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

Thank goodness more people feel Bettis and Curtis Martin aren't deserving of the HOF. Over their careers, I could argue Terrell Davis had more meaningful seasons than both(not combined).
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »