Home

Week 14: Packers @ Lions

This is a discussion on Week 14: Packers @ Lions within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 14: Packers @ Lions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
LOL @ forfeit.
You think they're going to make the Playoffs without Rodgers?
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #106
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Like I said earlier, i'm not even thinking about playoffs at this point.

But I'd rather them at least go out with some pride and playing instead of pulling a bitch move like forfeiting(not like they would really do it anyway lol)just because one person goes down with an injury, which in GB wouldn't be anything new.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Like I said earlier, i'm not even thinking about playoffs at this point.

But I'd rather them at least go out with some pride and playing instead of pulling a bitch move like forfeiting(not like they would really do it anyway lol)just because one person goes down with an injury, which in GB wouldn't be anything new.
I was joking with the forfeit comment. lol.

Why aren't you thinking about the Playoffs anyways? You guys are 1 game out of the division lead with 1 game remaining with Chicago. I don't know the tiebreaker situation though.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:12 PM   #108
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Yea I know you were lol. Heat of the moment comments are on the brain right now so a part of me is typing in frustration and the other part pissed off so if I sound like I'm trying to be a smart *** or anything, it's not directed at anybody on here.

But as far as playoffs, right now we're behind Tampa now since they have tiebreaker over us based on a better conference record. And with the Bears, we need them to drop one more game before we play them and we now HAVE to win out since more than likely the only way we'll get in is by winning the division.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #109
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Yea I know you were lol. Heat of the moment comments are on the brain right now so a part of me is typing in frustration and the other part pissed off so if I sound like I'm trying to be a smart *** or anything, it's not directed at anybody on here.

But as far as playoffs, right now we're behind Tampa now since they have tiebreaker over us based on a better conference record. And with the Bears, we need them to drop one more game before we play them and we now HAVE to win out since more than likely the only way we'll get in is by winning the division.
It's all good.

Regarding the Playoffs, Chicago has @ MIN, NYJ, and @ GB to close out the year. All 3 of those are easily losable. There's a lot of scenarios that could happen. You guys still have a game with the Giants left if it comes down to the Wild Card as well. You do have a tough game with the Patriots next week. I don't know. It's not going to be easy. I'll say this, if you win out, the chances of you not grabbing at least a WC spot are very slim. You'd finish 11-5 with a win over NYG so you have the tiebreaker over them. And TB has a game with the Saints coming up which will more than likely be a loss for the Bucs.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #110
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
If this win is the one that prevents the Pack from going to the playoffs...this season is a success in the Lions Scale of Success
Sigh... I hate our scale of success. Maybe next year we can break it by being in playoff contention for more than 5 weeks.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:43 AM   #111
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Sigh... I hate our scale of success. Maybe next year we can break it by being in playoff contention for more than 5 weeks.
Would be a nice thing to actually achieve....for once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 01:31 PM   #112
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

From McCarthy's PC earlier today:

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers will go through the NFL’s normal protocol for players that have suffered a concussion. Coach Mike McCarthy said at his press conference today he wouldn’t have an update on Rodgers’ status until later in the week.
The fact that Rodgers suffered a concussion two months ago in a game against Washington doesn’t change the way he is being treated now, according to McCarthy. He said the team would take no chances with Rodgers.
McCarthy said practice squad quarterback Graham Harrell is a “viable option” to be brought up to the 53-man roster to serve as a backup behind Matt Flynn.
Basically means as long as he passes the tests from the NFL and from an independent Doctor as well, then more than likely he'll be cleared to play next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »