Home

NFL Says Suh's Hit on Cutler was legal, Fines Him $15K Anyway

This is a discussion on NFL Says Suh's Hit on Cutler was legal, Fines Him $15K Anyway within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #33
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NFL Says Suh's Hit on Cutler was legal, Fines Him $15K Anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Oh, stop it. Calls are missed in every game. These ideas of conspiracies are laughable.
Seriously. I find it hard to believe the NFL would have this giant conspiracy against arguably the most successful franchise in NFL history with one of the bigger fan bases in the country.

It'd be like the MLB conspiring against the Yankees making the World Series.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #34
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Hoculi...again

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 12-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 2

This just in:

Jon Beason has been fined 25k for breathing on Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck in the Panthers loss Sunday. Commissioner Rodger Goodell said Hasselbeck was exposed to a "breath to face" hit during a play. Hasselbeck was quoted as saying:

"I don't know that'd I fine him... maybe give him a tic-tac, but I wouldn't fine him"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 01:23 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Oh, stop it. Calls are missed in every game. These ideas of conspiracies are laughable.

The Bears recovered a fumble and Hochuli ruled that it was simultaneous possession and awarded it to the Lions. Where does that fit into this theory? Tell me how the refs allowed the Bears to score a touchdown after the penalty, which, btw was a 7 yard penalty on what would have been 2nd and 2 or 3. The Lions also had a chance to stop the Bears at the end of the 4th and get the ball back, but couldn't do that either. This call had much less bearing on the game than some Lions fans would like to admit.

The fine is garbage and so was the call. But let's not act like it handed the Bears the game, because it didn't.
I'm not talking about conspiracies, I was just saying I'm glad someone at least understands what its like to have your players get roughing the passer calls out of nowhere. And I'm not saying that every roughing the passer call on the Steelers is BS, but we seem to have gotten quite a few questionable ones recently.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #37
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
I'm not talking about conspiracies, I was just saying I'm glad someone at least understands what its like to have your players get roughing the passer calls out of nowhere. And I'm not saying that every roughing the passer call on the Steelers is BS, but we seem to have gotten quite a few questionable ones recently.
Yeah, the calls are getting ridiculous for all teams. The Bears haven't gotten hit with too many of them this season, but last year there were several head-scratchers. The one that gets me the most is the inconsistency in calling when a QB gets hit in the head. Sometimes a tap on the helmet draws a flag, but then a guy gets his nose mangled and they miss it.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #38
MVP

Blitz1942's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Based on the title of the topic alone, I was totally expecting an article from The Onion.
Pretty much this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB32
"I don't know that'd I fine him... maybe give him a tic-tac, but I wouldn't fine him"
LMAO!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #39
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I"m like most people right now. I'm all for protecting players from Helmet to Helmet hits and all. But this is getting completely out of control. Someone really needs to stop Goodell from ruining football before it is to late. This not right. This here is just giving NFL players and the NFLPA union more of a good reason to reject the 18 game season and a good reason to go into a lockout mode. This might be another reason why NFL Players might decide to strike anyway. Roger is taking the heart the game out of players and the game now. There is nothing left accept put flags on them and play flag football.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #40
Rookie

deathsai's Arena

OVR: 2

That is...ridiculous.
Tampa Bay Lightning
UCF Knights

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »