Home

Week 14: Bengals @ Steelers

This is a discussion on Week 14: Bengals @ Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Week 14: Bengals @ Steelers

It's been like that for years in Cinci now. He's always dysfunctional with his receivers. Him and CJ always try to play it off and everything, but CJ/TJ would both fight and bicker with him constantly, TJ walked off the field sometimes in disgust. Every time there's an INT they all just point their finger at each other. Same thing with TO/CJ/Palmer now. They throw a pick and then start screaming at each other.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #18
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
It's been like that for years in Cinci now. He's always dysfunctional with his receivers. Him and CJ always try to play it off and everything, but CJ/TJ would both fight and bicker with him constantly, TJ walked off the field sometimes in disgust. Every time there's an INT they all just point their finger at each other. Same thing with TO/CJ/Palmer now. They throw a pick and then start screaming at each other.
He's been heading downhill since that playoff game when he got hurt. I think some give the WR's too much credit that they are doing things correctly all the time. Don't get me wrong, Carson is a big problem but I think the receivers don't always do what they should be doing either. The last few years have been ugly with him but I think 2010 has been the worst.

Regardless of what happens on the field, nothing will change with this franchise until the leadership in the organization, from ownership on down, changes. And, that is likely not going to happen anytime soon, especially when Mikey Boy is getting his revenue sharing and has his sweet stadium deal. The Steelers and the rest of the league will keep beating up on this team as they return to the way things were in the 90's and early 00's. I envy the Steelers because of their organization. They do things the right way and want to win. Mikey Boy only wants enough success to keep people coming to the games to line his pockets.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 12-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #19
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

If the recievers are doing the wrong thing then they are running some of the best wrong routes ever cause there is almost always one guy wide open and Palmer decides to throw it to the guy who is being covered by two or three guys. Carson is pretty much the sole reason why the Bengals are as bad as they are. He plays like he's starting the opposing team's defense for his fantasy team.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1
I smell Andrew Luck or ... maybe even Cam Newton in the Cinci
Old 12-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I dont think they draft a qb this offseason, at least not in the top 10.They may give Carson another year while they boost up their Wr core and O-line. Saftey help wouldnt hurt either.
And they could use DT. Carson still holds water for one more season. Hes a 1st overall franchise guy who has had success in that city. Give him another year before they McNabb him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #22
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
If the recievers are doing the wrong thing then they are running some of the best wrong routes ever cause there is almost always one guy wide open and Palmer decides to throw it to the guy who is being covered by two or three guys. Carson is pretty much the sole reason why the Bengals are as bad as they are. He plays like he's starting the opposing team's defense for his fantasy team.
mood, don't get me wrong, I know Palmer is the primary problem. But I've watched this team enough over the years to know that the receivers shouldn't be getting a free pass on blame. They have their screw-ups too. They aren't as numerous as Palmer's but they do happen. I've seen Ocho run bad routes several times this year. It's communication issues between Palmer and his receivers. Been happening for several years now but never been as pronounced as it's been in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaprodigyisback
I smell Andrew Luck or ... maybe even Cam Newton in the Cinci
I'm sure either of them would look forward to having their professional careers ruined by joining that organization.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 12-12-2010, 06:44 PM   #23
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Just to kind of piggy back off of Slims points about the poor routes -- I remember a couple of ugly picks by Palmer against the Colts a few weeks ago. One of them was an inexplicable one in the direction of Shipley that was waaaayyy off. Now Marvin doesn't always come out and blast guys, but if listen carefully, he kinda throws out these hints. In the Monday presser, they asked him about a the picks and how the young receivers where doing.

Marvin's reply was something to the effect of, "We've got to simplify some things for them, but they're doing a good job... The quarterback's also doing a good job of taking the bullets."
Old 12-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #24
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
T.O at Big Ben:
LOL, Ben has been hit by a car, had an appendectomy, numerous surgeries, a broken nose and I think 3 concussions. TO is a bitch.

Do the refs refuse to call a face mask or illegal hands to the face against the Steelers opponents?
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »