Home

Week 15: Jets (9-4) @ Steelers (10-3)

This is a discussion on Week 15: Jets (9-4) @ Steelers (10-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #137
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 15: Jets (9-4) @ Steelers (10-3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
I'm not saying conspiracy as in the NFL is out to get us. I would never believe that given the relationship the front office has with the league. But do I think the refs look at some of our plays with a bias, given who they are? I absolutely do. That hold on Sanders, I still can't understand how the refs don't physically see that. That call is made 10 times out of 10 when it's that impactful to the outcome of the play.

You know exactly what I'm talking about too, Wharton, since the Ravens face similar crap from the officials. Who can forget them not ending the Pats streak three years ago? Or all of the silly roughing calls they get, too.
You aren't (and neither is tripwire since I've been replying to him alot lately) saying conspiracy but there have been steeler fans around here that have. The only fault I'll place on you guys is not telling THOSE steeler fans that they're wrong bc otherwise it does all get lumped together.

I'm not sure what you're implying though. Are you now saying the refs have a reason to not make calls for Sanders? Come on now. Yes, they're watching Harrison closely. No it's not a surprise and it is in fact his fault. Clark maybe... nobody else. The rest of it falls in the **** happens box.

The Ravens game you're talking about is a perfect example. The Ravens were flagged more than anyone that year and many of them were questionable at best. But Bart Scott running his mouth constantly and others complaining about the refs will likely make humans (refs are human) look more for violations. But the important thing with how this relates to what we're saying is that you didn't see me or any other Ravens fans going crazy in every game thread about unfair treatment. It happens. It sucks, but it's a part of the game. Nobody had it out for the team... it was just unlucky at times, and human nature at other times.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Like I said I'm done with this convo this just proves my point about steelers fans
Yikes, a little shot to end the day. Didn't think i posted anything to get earn that comment.

Nice going

Now i know we can't discuss these illegal hits. Only if it happens to others going forward, or if the Steelers win another SB, then everyone who hates them can go and post at OS about how they were given the win.

Double standard FTW
Old 12-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #139
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire
Yikes, a little shot to end the day. Didn't think i posted anything to get earn that comment.

Nice going

Now i know we can't discuss these illegal hits. Only if it happens to others going forward, or if the Steelers win another SB, then everyone who hates them can go and post at OS about how they were given the win.

Double standard FTW
Like you should've done with the conspiracy theorists, I'll step up (as a Ravens fan no less) and say hova's comment was a bit much. But you guys don't deserve any sympathy either. That "world's smallest violin" broke a few strings a few game threads ago.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #140
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Like you should've done with the conspiracy theorists, I'll step up (as a Ravens fan no less) and say's hova comment was a bit much. But you guys don't deserve any sympathy either. That "world's smallest violin" broke a few strings a few game threads ago.
I shouldn't have said that last parting shot ... sorry for that , but the verbal battle was fun. See you in the next thread talk about the Panthers sad team vs Steelers .
Old 12-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #141
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Like you should've done with the conspiracy theorists, I'll step up (as a Ravens fan no less) and say hova's comment was a bit much. But you guys don't deserve any sympathy either. That "world's smallest violin" broke a few strings a few game threads ago.
Point taken

I hate violins anyways
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 03:15 PM   #142
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire
Point taken

I hate violins anyways
lol, good luck tonight... well I'll actually do back flips if PIT loses so I guess I just mean good luck with the refs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »