Home

Week 15: Jets (9-4) @ Steelers (10-3)

This is a discussion on Week 15: Jets (9-4) @ Steelers (10-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19
Week 15: Jets (9-4) @ Steelers (10-3)

Intriguing matchup here, incredibly important for the Jets, less so for the Steelers, but still a key matchup for them. Three weeks ago this looked like it was going to be a beast of a game, until the last two weeks happened for the Jets. Now people are calling the Jets overrated and questions about the offense are coming up. Meanwhile, the Steelers didn't score an offensive touchdown against the Bengals but the offense controlled the ball effectively and the defense completely dominated the Bengals offense.

I think the Jets are going to come out fighting but for once I actually have some confidence in the Steelers. The Jets have put up two awful offensive performances, so bad that they lost a Miami team whose quarterback went 5/19. The only thing that kept them in the game against the Dolphins was the fact that the Dolphins were that bad offensively, and I know the Jets defense is good, but the Steelers offense, as bad as they are at scoring touchdowns at times, are lightyears better than the Dolphins. Not to mention the weather will probably be poor again in Pittsburgh, and we've seen how Sanchez has thrown to ball in the cold the past two weeks.

With all that said, the Steelers have been known to have let downs against teams that are struggling, normally this comes against teams with losing records but I think the Jets are in a similar situation, I could easily see the Jets offense coming out and having success if Sanchez makes good decisions and can make the throws, and I really think that's what this game is going to come down to, whether or not Mark Sanchez can completely passes and make the throws he needs to make, and we haven't seen that out of him the past two weeks.

Prediction time:

PIT - 23
NYJ- 13
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Re: Week 15: Jets (9-4) @ Steelers (10-3)

I think the Steelers should take this game with ease. Even though I think that Sanchez is good, he's only in his 2nd year and hasn't faced a defense like this. Just to add on, the Jets also haven't scored a touchdown in 8 quarters.

23-3 Steelers.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17

Against a running team like the Jets, I like our defenses chances. I just have a bad feeling about what happens if we're not getting pressure. You know Santonio wants to have a huge game against us.

The offense is going to struggle, we know that already. Ryan is familiar with Ben, too. Funny Mike Tomlin press conference earlier. Reporter: Revis has recently been complaining because teams aren't even throwing in his direction anymore, is he really that good? Tomlin: I assume he is, since there's no video evidence on how to beat him, since no one is throwing at him.

Probably a close game, I'd love to see a win here, since this is a struggling team that is going to play hard in a must-win game. We need a win against a team like that. Sanchez needs to bring his A+++ game, because this defense could embarrass him just as badly as the past few games have. He doesn't need more negativity from the media right now.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Probably a close game, I'd love to see a win here, since this is a struggling team that is going to play hard in a must-win game. We need a win against a team like that. Sanchez needs to bring his A+++ game, because this defense could embarrass him just as badly as the past few games have. He doesn't need more negativity from the media right now.
And unfortunately for him, he's going to get that negativity. The Jets have no chance of running on the Steelers, no one else has been able to do it, and they don't really have the outstanding kind of run game to do it either, so this game is really on Sanchez's shoulders, unless the Steelers offense just plays downright awful, which they very well could.

GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

I don't see the steelers running away with this game. last week against the bengals the offense wasn't that great. can't score from the 5 yard line non sense has to stop. The key to beating the steelers is to not run away from timmons run right at him. make polamalu play run more where an olineman can get there hands on him. when troy is on the corners he's gonna kill you go right at him. the recievers for the jets can make plays if they catch the ball. the only threat at cb they have taylor the other side is suspect. Farrior isn't that good in coverage. The steelers are very beatable the jets need to play their game. in every game i've watched of the jets they lose because they stop running and their recievers are dropping balls. they looked bad against NE but everyone has, Miami game was bad, but it wasn't all jet Sanchez his recievers didn't help and they stop running the ball. they have LT who next to brian westbrook is the best screen runner in the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I don't see the steelers running away with this game. last week against the bengals the offense wasn't that great. can't score from the 5 yard line non sense has to stop. The key to beating the steelers is to not run away from timmons run right at him. make polamalu play run more where an olineman can get there hands on him. when troy is on the corners he's gonna kill you go right at him. the recievers for the jets can make plays if they catch the ball. the only threat at cb they have taylor the other side is suspect. Farrior isn't that good in coverage. The steelers are very beatable the jets need to play their game. in every game i've watched of the jets they lose because they stop running and their recievers are dropping balls. they looked bad against NE but everyone has, Miami game was bad, but it wasn't all jet Sanchez his recievers didn't help and they stop running the ball. they have LT who next to brian westbrook is the best screen runner in the league.
Let's be real though here Hova, you naysay about the Steelers every single week.

GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 12-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #7
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
I think the Steelers should take this game with ease. Even though I think that Sanchez is good, he's only in his 2nd year and hasn't faced a defense like this. Just to add on, the Jets also haven't scored a touchdown in 8 quarters.

23-3 Steelers.
The Jets are not the only team struggling to score offensively. The Steelers have scored a touchdown 2 times in the last 30 offensive possessions. Not exactly lighting up the scoreboard.

Steelers win with defense as they usually do. 16-3.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #8
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
Let's be real though here Hova, you naysay about the Steelers every single week.
yup i do its that i don't like the steelers. the fans annoy the hell out of me here in pittsburgh and think there team is invincible. I just like pointing out what wrong with the team. to annoy steeler fans.

I do believe i'm right when i look at that team. I'm not making anything up maybe some big IF's here and there you have to admit they've pulled some games out of their *** they shouldn't won or struggled with. I could do it with the eagles and have i love football and look at it from more than a fan perspective too. But yea I do like talking smack bout the steelers hey thanks for calling that out.

Last edited by Hova57; 12-14-2010 at 04:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »