Home

How do you beat the Pats?

This is a discussion on How do you beat the Pats? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #25
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: How do you beat the Pats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I'm sorry, not gonna take this off-topic too bad, but Brady the greatest QB of all time? It's all the system, just like Montana in Bill Walsh's hands. It wouldn't matter who the Pats have back there (Matt Cassell did just fine with zero NFL, or even college, starting experience), their team is built for successful, low-risk, high-reward football. I think Brady is solid, but on any other team he's just an average NFL starter.
Please don't make me defend Brady or the Pats*. It is like seeing a dog get hit by a car.

Brady is 10x better than any QB in the league right now. 29 TDs, 4 picks, 68% completion percentage. That is like NCAA 2011 stats.

Quote:
So you're saying the Saints went 13-3 then won a Super Bowl and are 10-3 so far because of emotion, ok.

In no way am I saying which team or player is better I was just merely stating they look pretty similar to me. Just look at it both have great HC's, great core group of players at RB/WR/TE, Elite QB's, solid O-lines, and not great defenses but good enough to win a title
Sean Payton is probably a great HC, but not nearly the success level that Belicheat has. The Saints also played in a mostly terrible division in a mostly terrible conference.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I'm sorry, not gonna take this off-topic too bad, but Brady the greatest QB of all time? It's all the system, just like Montana in Bill Walsh's hands. It wouldn't matter who the Pats have back there (Matt Cassell did just fine with zero NFL, or even college, starting experience), their team is built for successful, low-risk, high-reward football. I think Brady is solid, but on any other team he's just an average NFL starter.
Your post was spot on until the last sentence. Saying he'd be average on another team is ridiculous.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacocortez
Exactly! You absolutely cannot commit turnovers againt this team and expect to beat them.

This NE team is not as talented as in previous years, they can be beat. You must not turn the ball over, and you must score TD's instead of settling for FG's to have a shot against them.
Yep. To me, the only teams in the AFC that can beat the Pats are, not trying to be a homer, a healthy Colts team and maybe the Chargers. You have to be able to pressure Brady, but more importantly you have to be able to score enough points. If the Pats get to the Super Bowl, the Eagles and Saints would be their biggest threats.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #28
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Yep. To me, the only teams in the AFC that can beat the Pats are, not trying to be a homer, a healthy Colts team and maybe the Chargers. You have to be able to pressure Brady, but more importantly you have to be able to score enough points. If the Pats get to the Super Bowl, the Eagles and Saints would be their biggest threats.
With a healthy WR core and Addai, Colts always have a good chance of beating the Pat's. Colts are a pass first team but you at how the Pat's run the ball and you can see why the Colts are struggling. That and a inexperienced/battered WR core.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #29
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

If you want the answer to this question, just watch on Sunday Night.

/sarcasm
Old 12-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #30
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Your post was spot on until the last sentence. Saying he'd be average on another team is ridiculous.
Let's be real z he was a sixth round pick anyone could have picked him up and dropped him. i still think he's a system quarterback , but his time in the NFL he has learned the game enough he could go into any system,but it will be tailored to what he did in NE.

regardless you have to cover theunderneath well and tackle and you'll have a chance.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Let's be real z he was a sixth round pick anyone could have picked him up and dropped him. i still think he's a system quarterback , but his time in the NFL he has learned the game enough he could go into any system,but it will be tailored to what he did in NE.

regardless you have to cover theunderneath well and tackle and you'll have a chance.
That's a good point. The more I think about it, the more I agree, but I just can't bring myself to say he'd be average. He's been too good for too long regardless of what system he's in for me to say that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #32
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

I will say Manning would have been fine in San Diego or anywhere. But where the colts messed up is life after James they haven't found a replacement since. addai is good,but banged up too much. honestly i can see them getting a runningback second round from a running school this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »