Home

Benching McNabb

This is a discussion on Benching McNabb within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #25
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Benching McNabb

These last 3 weeks is basically an audition not only for the players but probably even Kyle Shanahan's job as well.

And I understand McNabb calls Arizona "home" and whatnot but unless Zona resigns Fitzgerald, why would McNabb leave one mess for another mess, especially when the Bidwells are known for not spending big amounts of $$$?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #26
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Sigh, same old Redskins. I have no problem with Shanny making this move, personally given what was hapening on the field it should've been done long ago. You can be a QB in the NFL and throw the ball at the feet of your receivers in the intermediate passing game, that is wasted posessions and opportunities. I know that P2K pretty much called that with McNabb.

But I have a HUGE problem with the Shanahans (Kyle more than Mike.) Go to the numerous skins game threads I've pretty much said the same thing all season. Kyle Shanahan is an idiot. He doens't protect his QB. Time after time he would call protections that basically were the 5 offensive linemen and nothing else. Not TE's chipping, no Backs staying in to protect. More so than that. Shanny said the other day this system takes 2-3 years to learn?!?!?!? Seriously is it that complex of a scheme really, really 2-3 years, so basically John Beck will know this scheme right about the time Mike Shananhan is ready to retire? Also I guess that means that we shouldn't draft a QB because he may be run out of town before he know the system.

The NFL is a coaching league and I can tell you the redskins have huge problems at the coaching level. You don't fit players into a scheme, you fit your scheme around your players. Desipte the scheme, it's not gonna make Andre Carter a better 3-4 OLB, but correct me if I'm wrong but Carter and Orakpo had pretty good seasons last year playing as pass rushing 4-3 DE's. McNabb's strenghts as a passer are the vertically game and the screen game. So lets put him in an offense where the passing game is based on the 10-15, 20 yard routes. An area where he has shown struggles. We have One (Santana Moss) productive NFL receiver, so lets go with a cast of no-name guys and a 96 year old WR to catch passes in this scheme. We have one Pro Bowl TE and another who caught 6 TD passes last year and completely remove them from the Passing game. Hoenstly these are the moves that get people fired on fucntional organizations.

I didn't even mentiont the Haynesworht sage. Basically I can give a bit of a pass, this staff of coaches and front office people didn't sign him and probably woldn't have, but they still handled this like rank amatures. I know that Shanny has a history of showing up players, but man this situations was a mess. Similar to how he handled the QB situation in Detroit.

Oh and Bruce Allen you are not exempt. You trade away our 2nd and 3rd round picks for a 35 year old QB that his franchise and the head coach that drafted him didn't want, within the division. You think that if McNabb could still play they would've offered him up within the NFC East? Hell no. So now we have about 7 holes on defense, maybe 1 WR we now need a QB another OT, and a C. Oh and we have about 4 draft picks with only 1 being in the first 3 rounds to fix these problems.

The Redskins are a ****ing disaster, even though the future could be bright given that Snyder has given up controll and Vinny C is gone, we are about 4 season from that. Honestly were we that worse off with Campbell at QB, especially when you think we could still have a 2nd and 3rd round draft picks?

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 12-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

N51_Rob - How can you say you don't have a problem with them just signing this guy long term to a big money deal and then benching him? That's definitely a problem.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:56 PM   #28
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

That big money deal was one of the bigger jokes I've seen in recent history. They owe him none of it beyond this year's base salary if they cut him after the season.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:56 PM   #29
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Because they can still cut him after this year and not be responsible for anymore money afterwards.

Meanwhile, Jeffrey Lurie/Andy Reid are somewhere on Broad St. saying to the Skins "Gotcha, *****" because many people thought they were crazy for trading their Franchise QB to a division rival.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #30
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Odogg, PPM, they owe him 3.5 mil when they cut him this off-season. A small price to pay even smaller when "there is no salary cap".

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 12-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #31
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

I thought that was only guaranteed if he's on the roster next season, Rob? I could be wrong about that one...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 04:10 PM   #32
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
N51_Rob - How can you say you don't have a problem with them just signing this guy long term to a big money deal and then benching him? That's definitely a problem.
That contract actually doesn't have nearly as much guaranteed money in it as everyone thought at first. I don't have it off the top of my head, but the thread about the signing has the numbers. As for the long term part, NFL contracts might as well be written on toilet paper. A player can be cut whenever the team wants him to be cut, and the way this contract was written, they will not be taking a big cap hit if they do so.

EDIT:

That's right, there is no cap this year, and I don't believe any cap that exists after the agreement will be hit if they cut him before the roster bonus goes into effect.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 12-17-2010 at 04:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »