Home

Source: Tebow Will Start Vs Raiders (Broncos vs Raiders thread)

This is a discussion on Source: Tebow Will Start Vs Raiders (Broncos vs Raiders thread) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2010, 12:18 AM   #33
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Source: Tebow Will Start Vs Raiders

A high power behind him? Are you saying what I think you're saying?

I don't see him being a successful NFL quarterback. That's just me. But I guess we'll see starting tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:57 AM   #34
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

No matter what someone says I don't think i'll ever buy into Tebow ever being a quality NFL QB
Old 12-19-2010, 12:57 AM   #35
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
I'm not bashing Orton, just stating the facts. When you take a guy in the first round, and he can't even get PT when the team's getting blown out, how do you explain that? It's not a shot at Orton to say that Tebow should have gotten some more action in some of these blowouts, at least if he's ready. Even if he's not, throw him out there and let him sink or swim to see what you have in him. I cited the games which I was referring to when I said Tebow could have gotten some action but didn't. Did I say Denver should have benched Orton for Tebow as starter? No. I don't know why you guys are misconstruing what I'm saying in that light.
You're stating an opinion about the coaches, not a fact so get that straight.

Orton gives them the best chance to do anything on offense, it took him all of last season just to get comfortable with the playbook.

Tebow is not ready and the only reason he's even playing now is because Orton can't throw and Quinn couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. You're setting Tebow up to fail in a system by pushing him out there. The same thing happened with Cutler and Plummer. Cutler wasn't ready for being thrown in less than a season but people kept calling for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2010, 01:01 AM   #36
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

If you're fortunate enough to spend 5 or 20 minutes watching this game, your life will be better for it.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:04 AM   #37
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
If you're fortunate enough to spend 5 or 20 minutes watching this game, your life will be better for it.
That reminds me, watch the game on mute
Old 12-19-2010, 01:17 AM   #38
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
You're stating an opinion about the coaches, not a fact so get that straight.

Orton gives them the best chance to do anything on offense, it took him all of last season just to get comfortable with the playbook.

Tebow is not ready and the only reason he's even playing now is because Orton can't throw and Quinn couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. You're setting Tebow up to fail in a system by pushing him out there. The same thing happened with Cutler and Plummer. Cutler wasn't ready for being thrown in less than a season but people kept calling for him.
Again I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying Tebow should be the starter for good now, nor am I saying he's ready. Go back and read my original post (2nd post actually) and you'll see that I said that it was strange that the coaches didn't put him in when they were down by 30+ to the Raiders in the 4th. Usually that's the time when teams put in backups regardless of how ready they are, to see what they got.

I still don't see why Tebow didn't get on the field in the Oakland & SD games when they were clearly over, and why they didn't play him last week when the game was over + Orton was hurt. I think if you read the entirety of my posts instead of singling out things you'll see that I'm not advocating Tebow as a starter over Orton, just wondering why he didn't see action when Denver was getting blown out and the games were pretty much over. And I don't see how putting him out there in a blowout is doing anything to set him up to fail in the long term, if anything it gives him a chance to get some action instead of just watching.

PSN: dsavbeast

Last edited by rangerrick012; 12-19-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:22 AM   #39
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
That reminds me, watch the game on mute
Ugh...Joe Buck is calling this game?
Old 12-19-2010, 01:23 AM   #40
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

I wouldn't be watching this game if Tebow weren't playing. The only thing that interests me until the draft is Tebow playing.

I don't think he's going to go out and be a world beater tomorrow, but I do think he will exceeed everyones expectations eventually.

People expecting to base all their opinions on him after just one game tomorrow are making a mistake. Not saying he's going to be Elway...but Elway sucked at first too.

This whole counting him out already is stupid and Mel Kiper like. The guy is the most successful college player ever, and has more atheltic ability, character, and leadership any QB has seen in a long time. He's a freakin beast at 240lbs.

Can't wait to see what he does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »