Home

The Rage of Haley

This is a discussion on The Rage of Haley within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #17
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: The Rage of Haley

Good post i found at the KC Star

Quote:
Okey Dokey, let the Pioli,Haley and Weis relationship bashing begin. No denial that there are fragile egos involved here. 2 type A personalities don't tend to make for long relationships and add a third makes it worse.

I would suggest that before anybody bashes Weis about making a "family decision" people take a long look at his family history with his wife and children, much of it which is public. Charlie doesn't need the money. Notre Dame has taken care of that through a few generations with the contract buy out. As the son of a Notre Dame alumnus and bleeding ND blue and gold like people bleed crimson and blue, purple and white and black and gold, I know how much of the trust fund my Dad left to ND goes to the payoff. Recognition as being a very good and some say brilliant and creative offensive mind? He's proven that on both levels though his ND defenses sucked, the offenses flourished and he makes QBs and offenses tick. What they do with their talent on the next level rests with them. He just hired marginal coaches. Is there a battle of egos here? Probably. Is Haley a little jealous of Charlie getting too much credit for the offensive turn around? Probably, since he considers himself an offensive guru.

Read this quote from Weis today regarding his son "“He wants to coach. It took us very long to try to find a place where he could be involved with the football program in a student assistant capacity. At the end of the day, I don’t think anybody could understand how wonderful an opportunity it would be to be able to work at a place and see your kid on a daily basis.” Now ask yourself this question but try to answer it fairly and not with a Chiefs fans prejudice because Haley himself referenced to a similar situation today in his post game news conference. (something Adam, Kent and Sam failed to mention) You're 56 years old. You have all kinds of money in the bank. Your family is financially secure. You have proven yourself and are respected in your profession many times over. (3 Super Bowl rings) You have been head coach at a highly respected college program. Your health is marginal. Your foundation for children with special needs is one of the most successful in the country and now you have a chance to go to the most highly rated college football conference in the country, have access to 2 of the most talented high school QBs coming in and build an offensive program at a six figure income with your son by your side. Not only can you see him mature as a young man but teach him what you know and watch him progress through college. Haleys Dad brought him under his wing when he was with the Steelers. That's where he got his start and said that to this day he'd never change it.

So let's not be judging Charlie to harshly as a "one and done". Sure, he doesn't deserve all the credit but he did help stabilize a faltering program and QB. So ask yourself, given the circumstances and opportunity given to you; "What would I do?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »