Home

NFC Wild Card: Packers @ Eagles

This is a discussion on NFC Wild Card: Packers @ Eagles within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #73
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NFC Wild Card: Packers @ Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
Someone please explain how the Packers beat the Eagles, Aaron Rodgers has had 3 concussions, he shouldn't be playing football anymore 1 more hit and his Career can be over

Who do the Packers have on D to really stop them, Clay Matthews is pretty overated and Im going to bluntly say that Celek could run routes around him all day, thier secondary is shoddy really the only standout is Woodson and for good reason of course.

I also love how everyone is making this Vikings game a huge issue tell me when you can go 15 Games on Sundays only then to be pushed to a TUESDAY and still keep a great level of play.

Not to mention the Packers almost lost that Week 1 game considering Kevin Kolb was starting. Kolb can't even throw a tight ball ( I've seen it first hand)
You obviously haven't watched the Packers much. They have a top-5 defense and have weapons that will give the Eagles' pourous defense problems. "Shoddy" secondaries don't play for teams that finish 2nd in the league with 15 points allowed per game. If you want to see a shoddy secondary, that would be the Eagles, who finished 15th in passing yards allowed and gave up 23.6 points/game (not playoff material on the defensive side). Tramon Williams has emerged as one of the top corners in the league that no one has heard about yet. You'll be more worried about them using Woodson much like the Vikings used Winfield - blitzing from Vick's left side.

For me, the Eagles will give up too many points in this game and Dom Capers will dial up a game plan to do enough to get the win in a good game.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 01-07-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #74
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well, let the fun and games begin. The Eagles can walk on water and are not beatable.

The Eagles secondary is shoddy at best. Samuel is the only good one and he takes too many chances. 4 outstanding WR's vs 1 good corner?

Erik Walden? Heard of him? Defensive player of the week last week, 16 tackles, 3 sacks on the other side of Matthews.

Who will the Eagles double team? Matthews, Raji, Jenkins or Walden? Someone will break free, especially since your OL is average at best.

The Eagles can thank Matthews for concussing Kolb or else Vick wouldn't of entered the game.

By the way, Rodgers has two concussions.

Really, the Vikings had to travel halfway across the country and play on Tuesday too. Traveling, boredom and fatigue sets in before even playing the game for the Vikes. Plus, they had nothing to play for.

You don't really know the Packers that well. Tramon Williams is the Packers shutdown corner, not Woodson anymore.

Other Eagles fans, no disrespect, but needed to respond to this one.

The old saying still rings true, each teams fans have one.

By the way JBH3, good point on the 41% running figure. I completely forgot the number of times Vick carried the ball.

By the way, tongue in cheek, I played the game out in Madden. Packers 23, Eagles 20. The Packers had 4 sacks and held Vick in check running and passing. The game came down to the wire.

Good luck!!
Lets just put this out there Im am not an Eagles fan. Yes the Eagles secondary is shoddy but you can't deny that they are playmakers. One outstanding performance doesn't make you a great player (Kolb), the Eagles dont need to double team anyone simply because they are arguably the fastest team in the NFL. The Vikes did have something to play for the upset, the Eagles came unprepaired expecting a blowout and they got surprised, plus that entire game was out of wack. Tramon Williams is pretty good but alot of his picks were thrown right to him or off of tips

LeSean McCoy is also a huge weapon in the ground game and the pass game giving the Eagles 6 great passing threats (D.Jax, Maclin, Celek, Shady, Avant and Riley Cooper)
Old 01-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #75
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
Lets just put this out there Im am not an Eagles fan. Yes the Eagles secondary is shoddy but you can't deny that they are playmakers. One outstanding performance doesn't make you a great player (Kolb), the Eagles dont need to double team anyone simply because they are arguably the fastest team in the NFL. The Vikes did have something to play for the upset, the Eagles came unprepaired expecting a blowout and they got surprised, plus that entire game was out of wack. Tramon Williams is pretty good but alot of his picks were thrown right to him or off of tips

LeSean McCoy is also a huge weapon in the ground game and the pass game giving the Eagles 6 great passing threats (D.Jax, Maclin, Celek, Shady, Avant and Riley Cooper)
I am a Packer fan and the person above is a Bear fan.

Maybe I was watching the wrong first game where I thought I saw Jennings outrun the whole Eagles secondary for a TD. Ok let's see how the secondary does on Sunday with Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Swain, Quarless, Lee , and Jackson.

As far the Vikes game, that's why the play the game one the field, not on paper. It's not about Int's for Williams, he isn't even close to being pretty good. He the NFC version of Revis Island, so pretty good isn't even in the same ballpark.

As the poster above said, you should watch more Packer games. Putting Williams in the category of pretty good is a disgrace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

The week 1 matchup shouldn't even be brought into the discussion. That's almost like using a game last year as an argument.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #77
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Conversation probably could've stopped at "The Packers have a top 5 defense"... if not, then at "The Eagles have a 15th ranked defense".

Really doesn't make much sense to attack Rodgers or the Pack D if you're trying to explain why they may lose the game.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #78
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
The week 1 matchup shouldn't even be brought into the discussion. That's almost like using a game last year as an argument.
That still doesn't negate Jennings speed in getting past the Eagles speedy playmakers in the secondary in the other persons post, week 1 or week 17.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That still doesn't negate Jennings speed in getting past the Eagles speedy playmakers in the secondary in the other persons post, week 1 or week 17.
I know, that wasn't directed at you. Just in general.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I know, that wasn't directed at you. Just in general.
Ok, jumped the gun on that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »