Home

AFC Wild Card: Ravens @ Chiefs

This is a discussion on AFC Wild Card: Ravens @ Chiefs within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #17
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: AFC Wild Card: Ravens @ Chiefs

I want to take Kansas City. I really do. But the Ravens are going on the road. If they played at home, I could see a letdown against a team they are better then. But going on the road, you figure yourself as the underdog and I think that mentality will propel them to a win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 01-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #18
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Ravens by a landslide. Rice goes for 150 plus yards and the Ravens D racks up 6 or 7 sacks and Cassel throws at least 2 picks.
I can't help but think your saying that because you a Chargers fan. Always nice to see fans wanting their divisional rivals to get killed.

I think this is probably the most interesting matchup this week. Tough one to pick. I could see Baltimore being more of a threat to New England, so I'll take Kansas.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #19
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

It depends which Kansas offense shows up, if the good one shows up then it's a tight close game. If not then it's an easy Ravens win imo.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #20
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm picking KC to take this one. I'm banking of Jamal Charles to finally be unleashed this game and get the bulk of touches both running and receiving. If KC can get him out in open space with a LB trying to cover him then it's a W for KC.

Also even though Cassel didn't have the best numbers as other MVP players, he did do one thing well and that is protect the ball and not throw ints. I believe Flaco will throw more bad passes then Cassel will.

Plus Arrowhead will be crazy seeing how it's their first playoff game in years there. One of the few stadiums left with an actual homefield advantage.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #21
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
I'm picking KC to take this one. I'm banking of Jamal Charles to finally be unleashed this game and get the bulk of touches both running and receiving. If KC can get him out in open space with a LB trying to cover him then it's a W for KC.

Also even though Cassel didn't have the best numbers as other MVP players, he did do one thing well and that is protect the ball and not throw ints. I believe Flaco will throw more bad passes then Cassel will.

Plus Arrowhead will be crazy seeing how it's their first playoff game in years there. One of the few stadiums left with an actual homefield advantage.
Flacco hasn't really thrown many ints either. As far as Cassell goes, as long as Ed Reed is a go, I see the Ravens D getting in his head a bit... especially since, there is absolutely no way I see Charles (or Jones or anyone else) running successfully. He may not be horrible but if they decide to "unleash" him it'll be a long day. They'd be better going with what they've done all year... trying to pound it a bit with Jones and get a homerun with Charles mixed in. Even still, I have no faith in Cassell and a fairly young Chiefs team that will likely be riding high from finally making the playoffs winning this game. Arrowhead is the one factor that I think legitimately weighs in their favor,

No Reed (or a limited Reed) and things could get interesting, but otherwise I'm about as confident in this victory as I was when the Ravens played the Dolphins in the playoffs not too long ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

I'll take the Ravens by 2 scores.

I'm pretty sure the best team in the AFC West didn't make the playoffs this year.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #23
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Douglass
I'll take the Ravens by 2 scores.

I'm pretty sure the best team in the AFC West didn't make the playoffs this year.
Now I'd actually take that bet. Not sure the Ravens can beat anybody by 2 scores this year, unfortunately. They seem to only want to do enough to win.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #24
Thread Killa

TecmoBowl's Arena

OVR: 13

I would think this is a win for the Ravens 85% of the time, EXCEPT for the fact they are playing at Arrowhead.

That makes me knock it down to about 65%.

I really want to pick KC, but I think winning the AFC West came about a year too early. They haven't beat a lot of good teams.

MIZZOU - KC Chiefs

http://www.geezergamers.com/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »