Home

Vince Young done as a Titan.

This is a discussion on Vince Young done as a Titan. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #57
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Vince Young done as a Titan.

"Young leaves as the QB with the highest winning percentage in franchise history"......
Old 01-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #58
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

just reported on ESPN. fisher is staying...
Old 01-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #59
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I never liked giving QBs the credit for wins. None of them are out there alone. But if he's going to get the credit for 30-17, a fine record indeed, then how much blame does he get for 13-14 against teams with a .500 or better winning percentage?
Old 01-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #60
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I never liked giving QBs the credit for wins. None of them are out there alone. But if he's going to get the credit for 30-17, a fine record indeed, then how much blame does he get for 13-14 against teams with a .500 or better winning percentage?

I suggest you go and look up what some other, more popular QB's winning percentage against teams over .500 are. its comical that people continuously try and drop that 13-14 as if they made the analysis themselves. They picked it up somewhere and thought it was a clever argument so they drop it in every VY thread when his record is mentioned.

Drew Brees 24-24
Rivers: 24-24
Ryan: 14-14
Flacco: 13-14
Romo: 18-20
Eli: 23-31
Rodgers: 11-16
Cutler: 14-24
Palmer: 14-31

Your Welcome!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #61
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
I suggest you go and look up what some other, more popular QB's winning percentage against teams over .500 are. its comical that people continuously try and drop that 13-14 as if they made the analysis themselves. They picked it up somewhere and thought it was a clever argument so they drop it in every VY thread when his record is mentioned.

Drew Brees 24-24

Your Welcome!
Good post and great info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #62
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH

Drew Brees 24-24

Your Welcome!
You're missing my point. Read the first sentence of my post. I saw in this thread that Vince Young has the highest winning percentage in Titan history. Well so what. My point was everyone throws out his record as a starter and calls him a winner when, personally, I have never liked that argument. He wasn't out there alone and neither were the other quarterbacks you posted. There are at least 4 other positions on the field that are as vital to the success of a football team as the quarterback. Throwing out a quarterback's record and calling him a winner doesn't carry a lot of weight with me vs. watching him play. Trent Dilfer had an .875 regular season winning percentage in 2000. Was that all him or was it because of the greatest defense of all time?

To the second part of my post -- the question still stands. How much blame does he get for the 13-14 if he's going to get praise for the 30-17 -- and the question stands for the other quarterbacks? My point is, there are a myriad of team factors that go into a win, separate from the quarterback, so I wouldn't judge any one of them based solely off that. If all you can tell me good about Vince Young is 30-17 then that, frankly, isn't telling me much. What I can tell you is that, emotionally, he is soft as baby **** and until now, while displaying a world of physical talent, has not shown much in the way of being a true franchise quarterback.

And of course I got the 13-14 somewhere else. Read it in the newspaper. Everyone culls data from various sources to back up an argument. That's the nature of research.

I've got another more detailed breakdown in another thread around here on VY's record and how he got too much credit for going 8-2 because it was against a different level of competition that the front end of the schedule. That one I got by watching every Titan game last year.

And you are welcome as well, good sir.

Last edited by av7; 01-07-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Dont bypass the filter, thanks.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

The Titans were 30-17 with VY and 15-18 without him(with most of those 15 wins coming in 1 season). While he's not the best QB out there, you're going to tell me that it's just a mere coincidence that the Titans were 13 games over .500 with him and 3 games under without him? Really?
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #64
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
You're missing my point. Read the first sentence of my post. I saw in this thread that Vince Young has the highest winning percentage in Titan history. Well so what. My point was everyone throws out his record as a starter and calls him a winner when, personally, I have never liked that argument. He wasn't out there alone and neither were the other quarterbacks you posted. There are at least 4 other positions on the field that are as vital to the success of a football team as the quarterback. Throwing out a quarterback's record and calling him a winner doesn't carry a lot of weight with me vs. watching him play. Trent Dilfer had an .875 regular season winning percentage in 2000. Was that all him or was it because of the greatest defense of all time?

To the second part of my post -- the question still stands. How much blame does he get for the 13-14 if he's going to get praise for the 30-17 -- and the question stands for the other quarterbacks? My point is, there are a myriad of team factors that go into a win, separate from the quarterback, so I wouldn't judge any one of them based solely off that. If all you can tell me good about Vince Young is 30-17 then that, frankly, isn't telling me much. What I can tell you is that, emotionally, he is soft as baby sh!t and until now, while displaying a world of physical talent, has not shown much in the way of being a true franchise quarterback.

And of course I got the 13-14 somewhere else. Read it in the newspaper. Everyone culls data from various sources to back up an argument. That's the nature of research.

I've got another more detailed breakdown in another thread around here on VY's record and how he got too much credit for going 8-2 because it was against a different level of competition that the front end of the schedule. That one I got by watching every Titan game last year.

And you are welcome as well, good sir.
That's the way it is in general w/ all QBs, too much credit when the team wins and too much blame when the team loses. VY got a lot of flack, most of it deserved, for the way things went down in Tennessee, but Fisher got out of it pretty clean all things considered. Vince gets the blame for Tennessee's problems but everyone ignores that they went 1-7 down the stretch after he got hurt. All we hear on the news is how great a coach Fisher is, when he's a .500 or so coach who hasn't won a playoff game since 2003. Vince has been Fisher's personal scapegoat in some ways in Tennessee.

I don't really think I've seen this 'praise' you speak of. Even when people note that he wins as a starter, most acknowledge his maturity issues and say he's likely a backup QB now even w/ that record as a starter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »