Home

AFC Divisional: Jets @ Patriots

This is a discussion on AFC Divisional: Jets @ Patriots within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #41
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: AFC Divisional: Jets @ Patriots

I hope the Patriots beat the snot out Rex Ryan and I hate the Pats.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #42
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

And we'll add Tomy Brady to the mix as well...

Quote:
"I get a ton of help from our coaches," Brady said during his weekly appearance on Boston sports radio station WEEI. "Of course we do. I think we have the best coach in the history of football. We have a great offensive staff, a great defensive staff that get all the players prepared.

"Coach talks about being a tough, physical football team that plays well under pressure. Part of us being smart and prepared is our coaches doing their homework. We use whatever we can to get ready to play. The guys that are on this team certainly buy into what our coaches teach us. Coach comes in every Wednesday morning -- it'll be Tuesday morning this week -- and says: 'These are the things we need to do to win' and he's right damn near 100 percent of the time."

"I think that's why coach Belichick has been so successful. He never takes his foot off the gas pedal. There's no sugar-coating anything. It's 'This is what we need to do and this is how you're going to do it, and if we don't do it we're going to lose,' and that's how he coaches us."

"We're all at the point this year where we're motivated by much more than what someone may say about us," Brady said. "We're motivated by the fact that we have a great opportunity to be playing a division rival at home in the most important game of the year. That's plenty of motivation for us.

"We're going to let our play do the talking as we always do. There's going to be a lot of hype and buildup and people saying things. The reality is none of it matters. What matters is that whistle is going to blow at 4:30 on Sunday night and the team that executes the best and is the most prepared is the team that's going to win."
I wonder how many times Brady has rehearsed those kind of comments.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 18

I listened to that this morning. Brady is right on point when it comes to responding to those kind of questions.

As far as the game goes. Brady and BB are 8-1 at home in the playoffs, if there is any team you don't have to worry about being prepared it is the Pats, especially when they are healthy and dialed in. Last year against the Ravens, Brady had broken ribs a broken finger and was coming off of catastrophic knee surgery. The d was in its first year of rebuilding, etc...This year, I don't see them losing at home, it can happen but it is not likely. The Pats should win the game, it probably will be closer than 45-3 but the pats should win.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #44
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Rex Ryan does a good job of making every game about himself. Very Favre-esque.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #45
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

More from Ryan, about Brady...

Quote:
"There's only one guy that belongs in that category and that's Peyton Manning, and that's all I was saying," Ryan said. "But again I understand how it's going to be a slap, that I took a shot at Brady and all that.

"He took a shot at me by his antics on the field. So, I understand that, that's what it is. I don't want him to score so I'm going to do whatever I can to keep him out of the end zone. He's going to try to look at me and do what he always does and sprints off the field and all that. ... He always points after he scores to everybody. Again, my job is to keep him out of the end zone."

"[It's] Brady being Brady, I don't like seeing that -- nobody does, no Jets fan likes to see that," Ryan said. "I know he can't wait to do it. He's not going to say anything publicly, but he does it."
No, Ryan, it's not your job to keep Brady out of the endzone. It's your team's job to do that. But, way to make it all about you, twice in one day.

I thought it was going to be a fun week...it's only Monday and this is already awesome. And the players haven't even been questioned by the media yet, so I'm sure there's still plenty of good stuff left to come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #46

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Let's go Pats!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
More from Ryan, about Brady...

No, Ryan, it's not your job to keep Brady out of the endzone. It's your team's job to do that. But, way to make it all about you, twice in one day.

I thought it was going to be a fun week...it's only Monday and this is already awesome. And the players haven't even been questioned by the media yet, so I'm sure there's still plenty of good stuff left to come.
I like Rex for the very same reason I like Brady, they are fiery! Rex is right, Brady will let the other team know that they are getting rolled during the course of the game, especially a team that has been talking publicly (remember that smith guy from Pitts back in 2007). Brady and BB won't say much now, but come Sunday, it's a whole other story. lol.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Rex needs to stop. Seriously. He better win this game along with the Super Bowl if he wants to keep his job. Sooner or later they're going to get tired of him mouthing off and not producing. If he wins the Super Bowl, fine, keep talking, but until then shut up.. you haven't done anything. And it continues to be hilarious how he acts as if he's the one out there on the field, throwing passes, making tackles, blocking, etc. It's not about you Rex.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »