Home

Report: Kolb wants out if he's backup next season

This is a discussion on Report: Kolb wants out if he's backup next season within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #33
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Report: Kolb wants out if he's backup next season

There's nothing wrong with that but it's funny to me that a career backup who has done nothing is talking about how he wants to either start in Philadelphia or be traded to a place where he will start and is going to give his coach an ultimatum(if the source is to be believed).

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 01-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #34
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
There's nothing wrong with that but it's funny to me that a career backup who has done nothing is talking about how he wants to either start in Philadelphia or be traded to a place where he will start and is going to give his coach an ultimatum(if the source is to be believed).
why is he a career backup though? Little misleading, that statement...

He's only been "the back-up" via playing behind McNabb and Vick, but he'd be a starter on at least 9 other teams in the NFL; Washington, Minny, Carolina, San Fran, Zona, Buffalo, Miami, Cleveland, and possibly Denver.

Truth of the matter is, neither you nor I know what his cieling is. There's too small a sample size to stamp him a career back-up. Till he gets a full season of starting under his belt, and goes through the ebb and flow of an NFL season starting under center perhaps then we can make assumptions of his future...but right now he projects as a starter-quality QB w/ upside.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #35

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
why is he a career backup though? Little misleading, that statement...

He's only been "the back-up" via playing behind McNabb and Vick, but he'd be a starter on at least 9 other teams in the NFL; Washington, Minny, Carolina, San Fran, Zona, Buffalo, Miami, Cleveland, and possibly Denver.

Truth of the matter is, neither you nor I know what his cieling is. There's too small a sample size to stamp him a career back-up. Till he gets a full season of starting under his belt, and goes through the ebb and flow of an NFL season starting under center perhaps then we can make assumptions of his future...but right now he projects as a starter-quality QB w/ upside.
I called him a career backup because he has only started 6 games since 2007. I'm also not projecting his career, I am judging him based on what he has done so far, which is absolutely nothing aside from losing his job and being average at best in the games he did play. I have never seen a guy who has done so little give a coach an ultimatum.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #36
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
I called him a career backup because he has only started 6 games since 2007. I'm also not projecting his career, I am judging him based on what he has done so far, which is absolutely nothing aside from losing his job and being average at best in the games he did play. I have never seen a guy who has done so little give a coach an ultimatum.
With respect to losing his job... 3/4's of the NFLs QBs would've lost their job had their been a Vick behind them that started playing the way he did.

So throw that statement out...

For the record, Kolb has started only 2 games in the NFL and his QB record is 1-1. His TD/INT ratio...meh. His comp % over 2 games started @ 65% is an indicator of a talent.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #37

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
With respect to losing his job... 3/4's of the NFLs QBs would've lost their job had their been a Vick behind them that started playing the way he did.

So throw that statement out...
Throw it out if you want but for the guy who couldn't get his job back, even after he got a second try when Vick got injured, to start telling Reid that he wants to leave if Vick comes back, is hilarious and ridiculous.

Quote:
For the record, Kolb has started only 2 games in the NFL and his QB record is 1-1. His TD/INT ratio...meh. His comp % over 2 games started @ 65% is an indicator of a talent.
What? Kolb has started 7 games and outside of the two you mentioned he threw the same number of interceptions as touchdowns and won 2 of 5. Even if he had only started those games, going 1-1 while throwing three interceptions and getting blown out in the loss isn't an indicator of talent.

Last edited by jmood88; 01-13-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #38
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
For crying out loud...

Is it possible you don't know what the word "ultimatum" means?
Quote:
An ultimatum (Latin: the last one) is a demand whose fulfillment is requested in a specified period of time and which is backed up by a threat to be followed through in case of noncompliance. An ultimatum is generally the final demand in a series of requests. As such, the time allotted is usually short, and the request is understood not to be open to further negotiation.
Compare that to what Kolb said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kolb
I would love to be starting here. But I want to be starting somewhere.”

Asked if could take another season as the Eagles' backup, Kolb said: “I can’t answer that question."
There's no threat of any sort in that statement, at least none that I can see. The worst you can say about it is that KK left his options open.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #39

jmood88's Arena

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb will let coach Andy Reid know Monday that he wants to leave the team if Michael Vick is brought back as the starter next season, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported Sunday citing a source.

Sure looks like an ultimatum to me.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #40
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
Throw it out if you want but for the guy who couldn't get his job back, even after he got a second try when Vick got injured, to start telling Reid that he wants to leave if Vick comes back, is hilarious and ridiculous.

What? Kolb has started 7 games and outside of the two you mentioned he threw the same number of interceptions as touchdowns and won 2 of 5. Even if he had only started those games, going 1-1 while throwing three interceptions and getting blown out in the loss isn't an indicator of talent.
I need to take a second look then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »