Home

AFC Championship: Jets @ Steelers

This is a discussion on AFC Championship: Jets @ Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 07:39 AM   #49
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: AFC Championship: Jets @ Steelers

i really like mike tomlin as a coach, i want big ben to get 3 rings and tie brady,

i just cant back the jets publically(except here lol), if they got a SB some friends and co-workers would be unbearable with the trash talking, they haven't won anything yet and yet they are already talking......

i like rex, i think he is funny and a new breed of coach, and he says what every other coach is thinking.

i really like sanchez, on the field the dude is a warrior. maybe if he wins a SB they let him run his offense. just like eli in 07 maybe this helps sanchez grow up take control of the offense, no longer the second option, for this reason i will be silently rooting for the jets

i think the steelers are more talented but the jets match up well against the steelers Off,

jets to the SB

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 01-17-2011, 08:24 AM   #50
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
I'm not surprised by the Jets/Pats outcome. I don't like offense-heavy teams in the playoffs.

That said, Jets/Steelers is a much tougher matchup for the Jets. The Jets have to beat you by playing their game. If they make the mistakes, if they can't run the ball, and Sanchez has to play from behind, they're going to lose. The Steelers defense can keep them in games, Ben Roethlisberger can do anything it takes to win. They're tough on both sides of the ball and can beat you in a number of ways. They beat a tough Ravens defense with backups of backups on the offensive line.

I want to see what happens if snow is a factor, too. I don't see the Jets being able to run the ball, and I don't see Sanchez being the big difference maker. I'm not sold on him at all.
your right offensively jets don't matchup with the steelers, but I've seen teams run on the steelers in the playoffs and anything can happen. New England line is way better than the steelers and they got pressure with four guys. granted taking down Ben is like tackling a wall, but Ben has to watch trying to make plays and throwing it up their corners can make plays on the ball. The Jets corners haven't done it this year alot, but the possibility is there. Don't discount Sanchez he's capable of driving them down the field at the end of games, he's not Flacko. Also snow won't affect Jets they are a cold weather team too.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt965
I don't care how much I dislike the Jets. I am rooting for them as if my life depended on it.

Kill the Steelers. Wipe that smile right of Ward's face. I'm tired of this team and I don't want them to touch the Super Bowl.
LOL. You don't say? This coming from the guy crying about the refs like they dropped TD passes and fumbled the ball all over the field in the 2nd half against the Steelers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

As for the game, I expect another hard hitting, brutal battle between these two teams. The Jets offense scares me more than the Ravens offense did. The Jets defense also scares me more than the Ravens defense. Should be another very good game.

FWIW, Ward has said why he smiles so much. People think it's because he's smug or being an ***. He says it's because he loves what he does and is happy to still be doing it. Afterall, he was never supposed to amount to much when he got drafted...certainly wasn't supposed to put up the numbers he's put up thus far. Plus, he's a professional football player getting paid A TON of money so what is there not to like? Hell, I wish I had that type of outlook on my job.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #53
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I expect a close game as well with some great defense. I think it all comes down to who makes the fewest mistakes.

BTW seeing how the Jets are succeeding when they're acting like A-Holes in the week before the games maybe they'll do something crazy like rip up the Terrible Towel or something.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
they'll do something crazy like rip up the Terrible Towel or something.
I wouldn't disrespect the towel. History tells you not to.

Myron is watching..................
Old 01-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I expect a close game as well with some great defense. I think it all comes down to who makes the fewest mistakes.

BTW seeing how the Jets are succeeding when they're acting like A-Holes in the week before the games maybe they'll do something crazy like rip up the Terrible Towel or something.
The last team that did that was the Titans in 2008. The Titans lost in the playoffs, and lost their first 6 games of 2009 while the Steelers won the Super Bowl. The Titans also did that IN Tennessee. And Rex's style is to do things before the game, and he would be absolutely INSANE to do something like that before the game. I think Rex keeps his mouth shut this week. Although I would love for him to start talking a bunch of ****, just so we can see how much classier Tomlin and the Steelers are.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #56
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire
I wouldn't disrespect the towel. History tells you not to.

Myron is watching..................
Indeed, I wouldn't advise them to do that but it'd be funny as hell to see them try that stunt.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »