Home

AFC Championship: Jets @ Steelers

This is a discussion on AFC Championship: Jets @ Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #57
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: AFC Championship: Jets @ Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
The last team that did that was the Titans in 2008. The Titans lost in the playoffs, and lost their first 6 games of 2009 while the Steelers won the Super Bowl. The Titans also did that IN Tennessee. And Rex's style is to do things before the game, and he would be absolutely INSANE to do something like that before the game. I think Rex keeps his mouth shut this week. Although I would love for him to start talking a bunch of ****, just so we can see how much classier Tomlin and the Steelers are.
He'll say he hate the Steelers, but that's only because they are in his way to a superbowl. this is a trap game for Rex because he's beat two teams he's had disdain for. Nothing really for the Steelers unless he goes back to his Baltimore days, but i think he respects ben and the defense.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
He'll say he hate the Steelers, but that's only because they are in his way to a superbowl. this is a trap game for Rex because he's beat two teams he's had disdain for. Nothing really for the Steelers unless he goes back to his Baltimore days, but i think he respects ben and the defense.
Like I said, I would love to see him do it, it'll only get the Steelers more fired up.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Don't discount Sanchez he's capable of driving them down the field at the end of games, he's not Flacko.
Before this weekend, everyone on the planet unquestionably had Flacco ahead of Sanchez.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #60
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

yea based on the waxing he gave the KC but against the steelers flacco doesn't show the heroics. though he hit TJ in the chest, he fumbled the ball and looked out of it once the steeler pressure came. the same for sanchez in the steeler game he didn't want to stand tall and take a killer hit he ran from his passes too. But in the end when his team needed a play he made one against the steelers.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #61
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
I'm not surprised by the Jets/Pats outcome. I don't like offense-heavy teams in the playoffs.

That said, Jets/Steelers is a much tougher matchup for the Jets. The Jets have to beat you by playing their game. If they make the mistakes, if they can't run the ball, and Sanchez has to play from behind, they're going to lose. The Steelers defense can keep them in games, Ben Roethlisberger can do anything it takes to win. They're tough on both sides of the ball and can beat you in a number of ways. They beat a tough Ravens defense with backups of backups on the offensive line.

I want to see what happens if snow is a factor, too. I don't see the Jets being able to run the ball, and I don't see Sanchez being the big difference maker. I'm not sold on him at all.
Good Post. As for the weather, early forecasts from weather.com are saying AM clouds, PM sun and a high of 26 so it's going to be really cold especially since the game starts after darik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzup36
Being a Dolphin fan, I can't root for the Jets. Rex Ryan is a fat, arrogant, classless asshat (not unlike Miami's owner).

But, I grew up in Western PA and have had to deal with all these dickhead Steeler fans and they simply don't deserve another Superbowl trip. The disdain I have towards this team is extremely unhealthy, I know that, but after all this (and the "win" they had against Miami) I just can't EVER cheer for them.

With that said, I am rooting as hard as anyone for the Packers to win it all.

But this week, and only this week. Go Jets.

Kill me now.
Wait, you grew up in Western PA and you hate the Steelers and their fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I expect a close game as well with some great defense. I think it all comes down to who makes the fewest mistakes.

BTW seeing how the Jets are succeeding when they're acting like A-Holes in the week before the games maybe they'll do something crazy like rip up the Terrible Towel or something.
He'd better not unless he wants to curse him and his team for the rest of eternity. Just ask TJ Houshmenzadah, Lendale White, and Keith Bullock what happened when they disrespected the towel

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #62
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

I hope they absolutely demolish the Steelers.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #63
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Can't wait...
Old 01-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 15

This is a complete Pick Em, but i like the Steelers at home. I feel like they have been there before, Neither team the Jets faced thus far had a Defense remotely close to what the Steelers will bring which will revert Sanchez back to his form pre playoffs.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »