Home

PED Loophole: Dear Antler Velvet?

This is a discussion on PED Loophole: Dear Antler Velvet? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #41
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: PED Loophole: Dear Antler Velvet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
That seems strange to use just for working out. I understand people using it when their livelihood depends on it but whatever works. I'm no chemist but from what I understand it should make recovery quicker, so it could potentially make workouts seem less exhaustive.

I guess I'm just a fan of doing things the good 'ole fashioned way, lift, snack on some PBJ, dine on some meat and potatoes, repeat. No nasty protein bars or shakes, no drugs (I don't even like taking aspirin) etc. Of course, that could explain why I am only 135 lbs at 5'10 and ran cross country instead of playing football.
How "old fashioned" are you talking? Steroids were used for a long time before they were banned and people have been using natural substances to aid them in various ways for almost as long as people have existed.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #42
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
How "old fashioned" are you talking? Steroids were used for a long time before they were banned and people have been using natural substances to aid them in various ways for almost as long as people have existed.
He said that he's old fashion (doesn't even take aspirin) so my guess is more in terms of philosophy in general than a time when things weren't available or training on a professional level.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #43
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Sort of what wwharton pointed towards. I try to not take drugs simply because the body's chemistry is rather delicate, and I don't believe in trying to artificially altering it by injecting drugs into it. This really comes down to a personal view of incredible skepticism of modern medicine, especially anything that tries to adjust body chemistry.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #44
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm just trying to figure out what this old fashioned thing means because I haven't seen a period in human history or a culture where people haven't tried to augment their physical limits with other substances.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 01-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #45
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5
Deer Antler spray or whatever. I don't think its humanely possible to recover from torn triceps in the time Ray Lewis did. Is there more phosphate in the water in Baltimore? Yeah Ray Lewis was definitely on something to recover.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #46
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I'm just trying to figure out what this old fashioned thing means because I haven't seen a period in human history or a culture where people haven't tried to augment their physical limits with other substances.
Why are you still talking about the entire population? There have always been things available but there certainly was a time when many more individuals used natural remedies and avoided medication, vitamin pills, etc. And that's only explaining it bc you're taking it so literally. The statement is pretty common whether specifically literal for the entire population or not.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdubb
Deer Antler spray or whatever. I don't think its humanely possible to recover from torn triceps in the time Ray Lewis did. Is there more phosphate in the water in Baltimore? Yeah Ray Lewis was definitely on something to recover.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2
No way, Bdubb. Working harder than any other NFL player and God's plan are responsible for Ray being able to recover in sure a short period of time.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #48
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I apologize. I figured most people understood that "'ole fashion" is just a manner of speech. Idioms are not meant to be taken literally.

Off-topic: Idioms in foreign languages are actually pretty funny. Example, the German equivalent of "mind your own business" translates roughly to "don't look up my nose."
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »