Home

Report: Haynesworth wants to play in Philly

This is a discussion on Report: Haynesworth wants to play in Philly within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2011, 02:38 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Report: Haynesworth wants to play in Philly

Shanahan's a Hall of Fame coach?
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-23-2011, 02:46 AM   #58
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Shanahan's a Hall of Fame coach?
I don't see why he wouldn't be

Old 01-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #59
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

We don't even know if he WANTS to go to Philly.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
McNabb played like *** most of the season. Whether that's mostly on him or not is another debate, but the fact of the matter is he played bad. The defense was undergoing the switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4, they had key injuries at RB, basically scrubs at WR and an aging offensive line. There was plenty of reason for them to have a bad season aside from the drama.

And about the McNabb/Haynesworth stuff, like it was already said here, none of the players came out defending McNabb. Some did in the early days of the Haynesworth mess, but after it was apparent that Al was giving little to no effort, they agreed with Shanny.
He played like *** but he didn't have an offensive line, wrs, or a dependable running game. When Shanny lied about pulling McNabb he had to lose some credibility.

I said last June the skins should get rid of Al and take their losses. I also said the Skins didn't have the players for the 3-4 system. If Al goes to Philly the Eagles will have the best 4-3 defensive tackle in the game. I think Al to Philly would be a good move.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #61
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

That Offensive Line mess was really made worse by the Media and everyone else because it wasn't as bad as they made it out to be. There were plenty of times when he had all day to find a WR but what does he do? He's constantly underthrowing his WRs, throwing the ball at their feet, just like he was in Philly.

I hate to say it but everything P2K said about McNabb was 100% spot on.

And the Skins don't need to scrap the 3-4 either but what they NEED to do is trade out of that #10 pick to acquire more picks so they can start building their foundation for that 3-4 because as of right now, they don't have one.

The one thing we do agree on is that they should've ended that crap in the Summer because everybody knew the situation wasn't going to get any better after that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 6

I really question Shanahan's merit of winning two superbowl rings. I mean come on, he had 2000 yard rusher Terrell Davis and hall of fame quarterback John Elway in his team. lol Imagine Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson in the same team. Won't you expect that team to go far.

We see what Shanahan has done with Jay Cutler. ZERO trips to the playoffs (All the broncos had to do in 2008, was win one of their last three games and they would have made a playoff berth). I think as a player, I would be disappointed in Mike Shanahan because you believed you could win with him, but this year just seems like a disaster and all the questionable decisions he has made.

Also, I'm pretty sure Haynesworth wants to go to Philadelphia. He has given his former coach Washburn all the praise he can. Haynesworth is probably sick of the place he's in Washington. I think all he wants is to at least relive his glory days again. Honestly, imagining a motivated Haynesworth with Trent Cole on the same d-line kind of makes me wanna lick my chops.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #63
Rookie

snowman5607's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePPL
I really question Shanahan's merit of winning two superbowl rings. I mean come on, he had 2000 yard rusher Terrell Davis and hall of fame quarterback John Elway in his team. lol Imagine Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson in the same team. Won't you expect that team to go far.
Have you ever noticed John Elway didn't win anything until Mike Shanahan became his coach? I guess that was a coincidence, huh? Elway had his best years under Shanahan.

And you say that about Davis as if he was a first round pick? He was a 6th round pick. Peterson wasn't. You're comparing apples and oranges. Weak sauce.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
That Offensive Line mess was really made worse by the Media and everyone else because it wasn't as bad as they made it out to be. There were plenty of times when he had all day to find a WR but what does he do? He's constantly underthrowing his WRs, throwing the ball at their feet, just like he was in Philly.

I hate to say it but everything P2K said about McNabb was 100% spot on.
Oh the offensive line was still pretty bad. There were plenty of time where McNabb would barely have any time to find a receiver (Doesn't help the fact that he was pretty immobile in the pocket probably due to the sore hamstring he played 7 weeks with). I know McNabb is notorious for underthrowing short to intermediate passes, but he was underthrowing more than usual with the redskins. The receivers weren't perfect either. When McNabb would throw accurately, receivers would sometimes make drops as well. Donovan was put onto a new system after sticking with one for 11 years. Clearly, it was a tough transition for him.

The protection, the receivers, and even Mcnabb should all be blamed for their lack of offensive success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman5607
Have you ever noticed John Elway didn't win anything until Mike Shanahan became his coach? I guess that was a coincidence, huh? Elway had his best years under Shanahan.

And you say that about Davis as if he was a first round pick? He was a 6th round pick. Peterson wasn't. You're comparing apples and oranges. Weak sauce.
And wasn't it also a coincidence that Elway won two superbowls when he had one of the best runningbacks at the time playing next to him.

I was comparing Peterson and Davis because they are/were one of the best runningbacks of their time. Tom Brady was the sixth round, 199th pick of his draft. That means he's not a future hall of fame player? Draft selections means squat when you could easily result into an unproductive bust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »